To all those job seekers (1 Viewer)

Jin-17

Hello all,

I guess there are still some people who may still be looking for work which means that u would be classes as hidden unemployment i suppose, but my advice dont lose heart. Some ptential employrs mat take like 2 or 3 weeks to tell u if are in and out, but my advice to stop the time wasted when u could be working is u may either have a tempo job or apply to other jobs. I know it may sound unethical, but in the end its really what u gain out of it isn't it? As for me until it falls through, I am going to fastfood and the food industry until i fall into the job. Good luck all u job seekers

Dont lose heart

terminator

tanks jin, you've restored hope. i've been applying for jobs but i get no response, but i guess it's only been a week.

Nuggy

whai r there so mani jobs at fast food places but none at department stores?

omigosh.. i dun wana work at mac'ers flipping burgers >.<

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
May as well just jump on the grill and stick a fork in yourself ...

Ac

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
james an >> ?

i bet 100 bux your asian heehehe;)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Jin-17 said:
Hello all,

I guess there are still some people who may still be looking for work which means that u would be classes as hidden unemployment i suppose, but my advice dont lose heart. Some ptential employrs mat take like 2 or 3 weeks to tell u if are in and out, but my advice to stop the time wasted when u could be working is u may either have a tempo job or apply to other jobs. I know it may sound unethical, but in the end its really what u gain out of it isn't it? As for me until it falls through, I am going to fastfood and the food industry until i fall into the job. Good luck all u job seekers

Dont lose heart
I soooo agree! At least you are getting some cash in for the moment. i am currently searching for the job I want while working for a super underpaid asian food store. Oh well, at least I got to have lunch for free.
Hopefully I'll get the job I want soon :(

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I might be getting a job at a butchers :eek:!! I have to overcome my fear of meat, but the pay sounds good.

Ribbon

My advice is don't restrict yourself to applying for jobs that you think are 'realistic' - ie, even if you think your chances of getting a job is zip, you can't loose anything from applying and you might be nicely surprised.

I have two jobs, both of which I didn't expect to get, but decided to apply for because other than 30mins to write a covering letter, there was really nothing I had to loose. One is as an admin assistant with a government agency at $21.90p/h and the other is with a media organisation in parliament house at $18.50 ($23.50 on sundays and before 9am). Having worked at bi-lo for 2 years before I moved here for uni, I can say these jobs totally rock over retail! No customers, the people are friendly, and they don't treat you like your only worth as much as every last drop of sweat they can wring out of you :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Why was this thread revived after so long? (December 2002/January 2003 to August 2004 is quite a long time in the world of internet forums, afterall).

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
yeah how do you get those types of jobs, cos i have no experience at all..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)