To Anyone Feeling Discouraged! (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
hey guys! looking through this forum you'll notice the inordinate number of threads where people are showing others how questions should have been done and listing the correct answers for each question. Whilst this is completely understandable and is a relief for many people, for others it is simply demoralising. So here's my message for those of you that came out of the exam thinking that you didn't go as well as you could have or should have or hoped to. TRY not to worry about it - it's over now and there's nothing you can do to change your answers. I know you're probably worried about it now, but how will you feel about it this time next year? or in 10 years time? will it matter when you're 80? deep down you know that maths isn't everything. If you gave it your best shot then congratulations - that's all anyone can ask of you.
For the people who are happy with how they went: good on you. All I ask is that you don't crow too loudly - if only for the sake of your friends who don't think they went so well. Now is the time to encourage each other, not add stress unnecessarily.
I know you don't need it but good luck in the rest of your exams guys. Remember, it's only the HSC; don't let it become your life.

gabn

HSC
Our class got out of the exam then went to see our maths teacher... him and the head of department tried to calm us all down abit as we talked through some questions and they told us that it isn't as bad as it was.

but yeah it's over calm down and concentrate on your next exam and if your finished go have a beer !!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
gabn said:
Our class got out of the exam then went to see our maths teacher... him and the head of department tried to calm us all down abit as we talked through some questions and they told us that it isn't as bad as it was.

but yeah it's over calm down and concentrate on your next exam and if your finished go have a beer !!
heh.
lol, good advice dude. i like it.

Rabz_17

Yeah, came out of the exam like "Well, that was screwed" but 5 minutes later i was over it. Its ext 1 anyway, lets just hope it gets scaled well.

nicola99

YAY im so glad u started this thread!!! THANKYOU!!! i was feeling very discourgaed after reading that the maths exam WAS JUST TOOO EASY for heaps of people!!. oh well i found it extremely hard as did the smartest people in our class. I'l be lucky to pass but its my 11th unit so it really doesnt bother me in the slightest.

superbird

HSC
it all gets scaled up and mind u the average in the state for the 3unit exam is a fail neways

chriscity1

The people who really succeed in life are you silver moon. Your the greatest.....Who ever you are!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
also u have to note that all the ppl on here that are answering questions all the time, are not your normal students. they are very good at maths, afterall, yes i can understand posting on the bos forums, but posting the maths forums... its only the mega geniuses who bother, therefore when they post their marks obviously they will be good.

just for a note:

this year, the school that ranks 3rd in NSW for maths:
for 4u most think they got between 70 and 85 ... / 120
for 3u most think they got between 55 and 70 ... / 84

so don't get too worried fellas by the maths nerds who post here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)