• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

To drop or not to drop, that is the question (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I would assume so, I am hoping to get at least that mark or higher in all my other subjects and compared to the rest of year that mark was extremely well. At one point I was considering do it again and I was told by various IPT teachers that if I did do it again I could get a band 6 but I decided against it, leaving me with study sessions and a complete HSC course.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
A wise choice, to not repeat?

Well only time will tell, my parents didn’t want to see me repeat an entire year again when I already put in the hard yards last year just for a few extra marks they felt and so did I that working on achieving an equivalent or better mark in my other subjects would be better.

It was a decision which I thought about for weeks on end and I am sure when the HSC results are out I shall again think about what could have been. But the HSC isn’t the end of the world, I have had my first taste of the HSC and know what to expect I always intended on finishing IPT last year and that was it except the mark that I got which I am proud of with only 4 marks separating me from first :D.

What's with all the questions? nobody else seems to show much interest in me or my achievements. Thanks for showing an interest.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think it was just pLuvia that was interested, but congrats with your IPT result! :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
lol ok then, I was begining to think that you thought my marks were not good enough or something along those lines...

blueyez

HSC
im still doing 12 units, mainly coz i dunno what to drop, and i dunno exactly what i want to study in uni.

question-
do you think its a waste to do 12 units if only 10 are counted?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
blueyez said:
do you think its a waste to do 12 units if only 10 are counted?
From my point of view, it acts as a safety net, in case you stuff up a subject. On the other hand, if you feel confident with 10 of your units, it's probably better to focus on those 10 and do the best you can with the maximum time given to each of them.

Last edited:

blueyez

HSC
thanks for the advice.
yea, i think ill go with the safety net. in yr 11 my worst subject was english, and you cant drop that. atm i cant decide whether to drop bio or french, so ill keep them both for now.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Sounds like a good idea to me. Always hold on to your subjects when unsure, as you can drop them anytime throughout year 11/12 up until the final exams!

Good luck to you this year. ;)

P

pLuvia

Languages are good, but you might need biology for your university course, so yeh hope you made the right choice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)