to drop or not to drop? (1 Viewer)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
ppls:
the most asked question in this forun is to be repeated - to drop or notto drop...
im doing 12 units... so far my eng ext and eng ext 2 are my 2 worst subjects...
i got 10/10 for proposal
16/20 for report (not even ask)
puts me 8/23 in ranks... with viva voce coming up ?/20
personally i think iv almost finished my major work but teacher thinks its not gud enuf yet... n personally not inclined to change nethin despite wot he says... lost all confidence in eng department...(dont ask)
problem is i really want to drop my ext 1 eng but cant do that unless i drop ext 2... so im lost...
im from sydney boys high...
should i keep it or drop it... n how high exactli dos 4u eng get scaled?...
thanx ppls for ne advise...

Jinglebell

HSC
first and foremost: if you think those marks are crap, then i'm the one who should be dropping! don't stress about all that, if you think your major work isup to scratch then stick with it. if you don't, then you have to choose whether to keep it or not.

if you really can't stand another one and a half terms of ext 1 though, then you're gonna have some priorities to sort...and then there's the whole 10 units debate.

it's a complicated issue you've got yourself, there really isn't a straight answer anyone can give you.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
it relaly depends on how bad ur extra 2 units of enlgihs are...ie: relative to the remaining 10....if you are extremely bad at the extra 2 units..then it is more prefable (although that is not a suggestion) for you to drop...

another factor you ahve to consider is...how good is your 4u MW? is it good enough to pull your 3u up? although 4u scales up..but if it is not a very good MW then......

despite your loving relationship with your teacher...i think it is best if you ahve a good talk with him/her..she is da only one who can give you an accurate assessment......

another thing...your position for ext 2 is good..especially cuz its lyk syd boyz.....major brownie pts..lol....but it really depends on how bad your extension one is......

truly in bliss

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
look at it this way:

you are THIS far into the year... if you are going to drop ext2 then why not just do NO more work on your major work, and just hand it in anyway...nothing lost, and you've gained the words 'English Extension 2' on your HSC certificate

and you can just not turn for Extension 1 classes...

:cool:

Huy

HSC
N/A
im with snakeoils on this one,
i was thinking the exact same thing, to drop, or not to drop.
(i have 14units btw, thinking of dropping 2u+ext1 maths)

but look at it this way,
if you've got the potential to do ext1 and ext2, and you've already completed that much work for it (even if you think it's finihsed, hand it in!) -- you'll get the marks for it anyway,

if you've got the remaining 10 units, how good are they compared to ext1 or ext2 english? what happens if you crash and burn say, another 1 unit subject? you'll still have to include that as your top10, right? so you should stick with ext2, OR .. this is another idea, just drop the 4u (like a friend of mine did) and keep doing 3u

think it through :)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
all i have to say to this matter of to drop or not to drop (intertextuality for ya..lol) is to think it thru..i know quite a few pplz who ahve dropped it...and they really regret it......doing well in extension one or extension 2 really helps with your marks.....but if you are failing...:)

Ezalum

HSC
N/A
You may as well keep it being this far through. Even if you don't do too well, remember - SCALLING. :p
A bit Off Topic, but I can't believe there are 20 people in your Extension Two class! We have two in Ext 2, 5 in Ext 1 and 18 In Advanced 1. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)