To the 2016 students of Dr. Du or Harry's. (1 Viewer)

ze-

HSC
Hey guys,

I've been interested in 4U math from Dr. Du, but apparently they have already completed up to conics? WTF. Can anyone that is a student of his vouch for this? If I'm behind am I screwed? I'm willing to catch up but idk.

That kinda shifted me towards Harry's since I haven't finished conics yet, but I can never seem to get a hold of them to ask about price and so forth. Anyone go there mind letting me know about some of the details?

Ultimately, which one do you guys recommend as the better option for my circumstances?

UMasta

HSC
Yeah we're half way through conics atm for A classes
Don't join if:
You don't want 6.5-7 hours of tutor a week
You don't want 36 pages of homework a week
You aren't competitive (there are weekly tests and everyone is Ruse)
You're not a top 20 school (I mean its possible to keep up if you're not, but statistically there aren't many, I think about 5 out of the 40+ in my class)

As for joining you have to sit a test to join so yeah

Don't know about Harry's but Du is good and his results are good because everyone is Ruse and his questions are harder than Ruse

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Don't join if:
You're not a top 20 school (I mean its possible to keep up if you're not, but statistically there aren't many, I think about 5 out of the 40+ in my class)

Don't know about Harry's but Du is good and his results are good because everyone is Ruse and his questions are harder than Ruse
WTF 36 pages of homework a week. What is this bullshit?

Also, is everyone there actually from Ruse? Like at least half the cohort?

His questions are out of syllabus, from what I heard.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Just out of curiosity why does the A class at Dr Du get the Dr Du guy?

Shouldn't it be the lower class getting him since he's superior at teaching the dumber kids but the smarter kids would not benefit as much in that sense?

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Don't join if:

I would go to Du's, but my friend says I would annoy the living daylights out of him.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I would go to Du's, but my friend says I would annoy the living daylights out of him.
I heard Dr Du teaches all this weird out of the syllabus stuff which only higher achievers can comprehend (as he goes way beyond the 3U and 4U syllabus). Also very overpriced and not worth it (unless your a high achieving math student from Sydney grammar) and apparently he isn't very good at teaching (I thought he was because he's renowned)

I think Dr Du is suitable for Sydney Grammar kids because Sydney Grammar has harder exams than ruse and they are very good in maths

Harry's is good according to a friend who goes there

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
It's like what you said below, he teaches stuff outside and beyond the syllabus, which is why it's more suitable for class A students, who are typically, consistently able to think at a higher level (not that i'm saying other classes can't, but Dr Du does "promote" B class kids who he believes is capable of class A).

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
It's like what you said below, he teaches stuff outside and beyond the syllabus, which is why it's more suitable for class A students, who are typically, consistently able to think at a higher level (not that i'm saying other classes can't, but Dr Du does "promote" B class kids who he believes is capable of class A).
Fair enough.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
What type of work does he teach to his A3 and B classes? I'm not too sure about them as the people that go to Dr Du (that I know) are in the A class

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
Based on last year, I know that A3's homework is shorter and their level 3 is A Class level 2 and some cross over for level 1. However, during the trial examination and hsc examination period, both A3 and A get the same homework. Quizzes in the A3 class are easier than the quizzes in A. I'm not too sure about B class as I didn't know anyone from B class.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Based on last year, I know that A3's homework is shorter and their level 3 is A Class level 2 and some cross over for level 1. However, during the trial examination and hsc examination period, both A3 and A get the same homework. Quizzes in the A3 class are easier than the quizzes in A. I'm not too sure about B class as I didn't know anyone from B class.
Lol who taught A3 class?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)