Tomorrow: It begins... (1 Viewer)

jo_m

HSC
GAHHHH! No!
How are you guys all coping with this fact?
I've done next to no study'; I think I've worked myself to the point where I just gave up, belonging-wise. It's been my downfall in all the exams. To make things worse I've lost my copy of the prescribed text and instead of finding it, I'm on here. Bleh.

Demise

HSC
Relax, calm down. There is a lot you can still do, you don't need to memorise essays at this point if you can't, just begin to memorise quotes, analysis and techniques. Also, get off here and go find your additional.

onedaysnotice

HSC
Relax, calm down. There is a lot you can still do, you don't need to memorise essays at this point if you can't, just begin to memorise quotes, analysis and techniques. Also, get off here and go find your additional.
You and quotes xD

Demise

HSC
You and quotes xD
You get 50% of the mark automatically once you prove to the marker you've read the text. Have some quotes and context - don't answer the question and you've got >10/20 or >8/15 automatically. Our advanced teacher who's been marking the HSC says those are the guidelines. So... I'ma get at least half. :D

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
You get 50% of the mark automatically once you prove to the marker you've read the text. Have some quotes and context - don't answer the question and you've got >10/20 or >8/15 automatically. Our advanced teacher who's been marking the HSC says those are the guidelines. So... I'ma get at least half. :D
Yet your aim is 83 for English, from what i've seen you are far more than capable my friend imo :)

ArguablyMitch

HSC
This information makes me happy!

Demise

HSC
Yet your aim is 83 for English, from what i've seen you are far more than capable my friend imo :)
That is really nice of you man, I sincerely appreciate that. Not to mention it's coming from you and right before the exam. Cheers mate. <3

Demise

HSC
This information makes me happy!
English is daunting since it's so broad, you can write anything and the marker can't mark you down if they disagree (given that you've provided evidence and logic as to how you got to that assumption). With such versatility, the board had to be constant with some of the marking schemes, and this aspect was a necessity. They need to reward people for knowledge, even if they stray away from the question, but they also need to mark hard so getting 18+/20 is competitive simultaneously.

choiyokbao

HSC
lol dw dude, once the exam starts, it will be over before you know it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)