Too Good to be True...? (1 Viewer)

L337

Made of Win!
HSC
Hey guyz,

I'm kinda new here but I was hoping if I could get a UAI estimate. Here's the rundown:

I go to a really CRAP school in regional NSW (wagga wagga to be exact). We have had like 2 Distinguished Acheivers in our whole history of about 10 years lol.

Anywayz, the good news is that my current ranks are

4U Maths - 1/10 93%
3U Maths - 1/30 97%
4U English - 1/13 90%
3U English - 1/51 94%
Chemistry - 1/64 95%
Biology - 1/56 95%
Studies of Religion 1 - 113/113 0%?

Yeah, those are my marks. If you're wondering about Studies of Religion, its coz I think I heard somewhere that UAI is Top 10 units that you do, so my plan is to dedicate 100% of time to other subjects...i only hand in RE assignments like a week after they're due (just i time to avoid a detention lol) and even then they're like done (handwritten) the night before lolz.

But yeah, my rankings are only pro coz my school is so crap (or at least, thats what others tell me), so I was wondering how that will impact on my UAI. Yeah, so any estimations would be appreciated. Thanks ^^

Last edited:

L337

Made of Win!
HSC
Aah, yes, English Advanced

1/98 96%

As for our School Dux last year, he only got 92.35.........though I have to say, my grade is probably the smartest the schoo has had in while....though that's not saying much *sighs*

I so wish I went to some selective school in Sydney T_T

Oh well, maybe the whole UAI scaling thingy won't significantly affect me...I've heard that if you're close to (or at) the top of your grade, you UAI won't be affected much even if you do go to a crap school.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
if you do well internally (which obviously you have) and then do well in the external exams it mades absolutely no difference what school you go to.

L337

Made of Win!
HSC
really?

damn, well that's cool :)

Actually, I've been doing some reading on the BOS website and yeah, the general consensus is thats it mainly your consistent performance throughout the HSC and your rank that they take into account, not the quality of your school. Apparently this is especially true for students ranked (near) the top of their school. Dnno what appens to students near thew bottom, though, and well I suppose I don't really care lol

Anwyayz, I gotta get back to studying and suff (still have 3 pages of Maths exercises before I go and watch Argentina own Germany in the World Cup lol)

Thanx again for all the help guys:)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
When you find out your UAI, can you come back and tell us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)