too good to be true (1 Viewer)

clarity.novo

HSC
N/A
Hi All,

Is the age old adage true? When its good, it can't be real?

Here's the story,

I met this guy and he is unlike anyone I have met before. We get along great, and he is so incredibly nice, generous, caring, sensitive and respects me and from what I can see, women in general. I don't think its a show, because I really do believe that he is just a remarkably great person, but I'm starting to suspect that perhaps he could be gay? I know that sounds silly, but he has all these qualities that I never thought I'd find it a guy because not even my guy friends possess all of them, and in some ways the qualities are what the "stereotypical" gay guy has..am I just being an idiot and thinking too much into it or could I be seriously onto a good thing? In some ways, I don't think he is because he was the one that asked me out, and we were not friends prior to that - he just came up to me, and asked me out. But then again, in the time that we have gone out, he has not once made a move on me. He has had his hand around my waist on a number of occassions but no hand-holding or kisses etc which I don't particulalrly mind because I'm not really into that sort of stuff and so I didn't think anything of it (esp. since we both come from families that are quite traditional, thought he was just being respectful) until one of my friends commented on it...and well now, I'm starting to question him. Am I just incredibly lucky, or should I be worried??

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

born2bkinggg

HSC
It looks like you've found the perfect guy.

He probably hasn't made a move because hes too shy...at least thats what i think. If thats the case you make the move first then just one day come up to him and give him a kiss on the check then the next day mouth to mouth kiss. he seems like a decent guy but you know all guys what a girl with some sleezyness in them. Not a lot of sleezyness but just enough. thats how me and my gf started i was too shy to do anything and all i ever did was just hold her hands and her waist until one day she just kissed me and yeah....i'll never forget that moment...hahaha

try it and see its prob a 1 in a million billion trillion chance that you'll ever meet a guy like that again LOL

Evilo

HSC
hes just shy, kiss him/flirt with him and break the "barrier".

allyuk

HSC
Seems like he's just not used to having a gf. Go out for a few drinks, see if he loosens up a bit, if not then he probs isn't interested or gay, if he gets a bit more chatty and touchy then you're in!:p

wikiwiki

Fear and Trembling
HSC
Technically *he* would be, in.

Unless this is a thread about poojabbers.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You could always send him a sexy sms or two and see what hsi reply is

clarity.novo

HSC
N/A
thanks for the responses, but its not so much the lack of 'making a move' on his part because that's what triggered by suspicion but not what concerns me. its just that he is so sensitive, and shows so much respect and just thinking about the sorts of tv shows he likes, the things he likes to read, and the things that interest him...that's why we get along great, but its something i don't tend to see in a lot of guys and that's what is getting me worried. lol. we do talk, and he said things that tell me he couldn't possibly be gay, but then could he just be trying to avoid it because he feels its somehow 'wrong'??

i think i'm looking far too much into this, and should just enjoy it and be happy to have found someone like him.

thanks so much for you help and suggestions - did relieve a lot of anxiety. geez, i can't believe i'm so worried about this. possibly a good sign. :)

thanks again.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC

A gay guy would never ask a girl out. That just destroys the whole meaning of being gay.

Evilo

HSC
let us know how you go, hes just shy :)

rakisei

HSC
clarity.novo said:
its just that he is so sensitive, and shows so much respect and just thinking about the sorts of tv shows he likes, the things he likes to read, and the things that interest him...that's why we get along great,

thanks again.
Dude hes not gay! If being sensitive mans homosexuality then im on the list but noooo xD

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Sounds a lot like my boyfriend. When we were first friends, we went out with a number of other girls to a bar one night, who all commented while he was gone that he was probably gay; I asked and he said no. He didn't make a move on me for quite a while, he's quite sensitive and comfortable around women, generous and sweet. He's just a nice, well-brought up guy. They do exist - I wouldn't be too suspect.

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
kokodamonkey said:
No i thought the standard BOS L&R Response would be give us pics.
Hahaha. About the fact that he hasn't made a move yet, yeah, he's probably just shy. You should feel lucky!

And about a gay asking a girl out ruining the idea of being gay, it might just be a front to divert attention to his closet homosexuality...

unholyXromance

HSC
clarity.novo said:
Hi All,

Here's the story,

I met this guy and he is unlike anyone I have met before. We get along great, and he is so incredibly nice, generous, caring, sensitive and respects me and from what I can see, women in general. I don't think its a show, because I really do believe that he is just a remarkably great person, but I'm starting to suspect that perhaps he could be gay? I know that sounds silly, but he has all these qualities that I never thought I'd find it a guy because not even my guy friends possess all of them, and in some ways the qualities are what the "stereotypical" gay guy has..am I just being an idiot and thinking too much into it or could I be seriously onto a good thing? In some ways, I don't think he is because he was the one that asked me out, and we were not friends prior to that - he just came up to me, and asked me out. But then again, in the time that we have gone out, he has not once made a move on me. He has had his hand around my waist on a number of occassions but no hand-holding or kisses etc which I don't particulalrly mind because I'm not really into that sort of stuff and so I didn't think anything of it (esp. since we both come from families that are quite traditional, thought he was just being respectful) until one of my friends commented on it...and well now, I'm starting to question him. Am I just incredibly lucky, or should I be worried??

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

for me personally, the things you stated didn't prove anything either way. Just because he asked you out doesn't mean that he isnt gay, he could be in the closest. Secondly if he hasn't made a move, he could be shy, being repectful (as you said), or he could be gay. Just because he does things that most straight guys don't do doesn't mean anything either. I know I have been totally unhelpful, but thats just my honest opinion.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
There are no perfect or nice guys...

just guys who are willing to give you what you're worth instead of screwing you and leaving.

clarity.novo

HSC
N/A
Thanks so much for all the reassurance. Now that I look back, it all seems so silly. Maybe he is just this incredibly great person - I guess bad experiences are just making me cynical. But all the responses have helped immensely. I'm just going to go with whatever happens. If he is, I'll have this great friend that I can talk to about anything, and if he isn't then all the better. I'm starting to think he isn't now thanks to all the responses, but give me about a week and I'll be back on saying, he is, he is. Lol.

brigittaclare

HSC
clarity.novo said:
Hi All,

Here's the story,

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
omg i know someone exactly the same!

except he hasnt asked me out yet ='(

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)