Too late to memorise? (1 Viewer)

Zenox

HSC
You guys are going about it all wrong. You don't memorise 2000 words. You just remember the half a dozen key dot points to talk about and then write the essay/speech/whatever on the day. If you know the content it is not hard to do.

If you rote learn 2000 words and then the question is different to what you expect, then you are screwed and you deserve to fail your HSC.
Not necessarily

onedaysnotice

HSC
Personally, I'm just writing separate paragraphs for each of the themes, main chars, main events (maybe), soliloquys, and some critical analyses lol. And there's always memorising quotes.

Then I'm gonna gonna test them out on some past papers and practice my pickin' and choosin' skills aha.

Roy216

HSC
You guys are going about it all wrong. You don't memorise 2000 words. You just remember the half a dozen key dot points to talk about and then write the essay/speech/whatever on the day. If you know the content it is not hard to do.

If you rote learn 2000 words and then the question is different to what you expect, then you are screwed and you deserve to fail your HSC.
For some people, like my self, I find it difficult to construct a sophisticated and well written response within 40-50mins, i need a pre-prepared structured essay which is flexible to many questions and can be manipulated

HSC
I think he's gonna pick and choose in the exam what he uses. But its definitely possible. Do it paragraph by paragraph - MUCH easier this way!

freeeeee

HSC
yeh, its easy to remember for some people. 2000 words obviosuly cannot be written for 40min timeframe but you could prob write 1500 if all your other modules for paper 2 are confident and you write them fast.

Flauntastic

HSC
If you have to remember it like that, you're doing it wrong.. but good luck with it anyway.

HSC
N/A
4 essays. ~1000 words per essay. Haven't started memorising yet.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
(I don't have any other choice :cry: )

Zeroes

HSC
^this

Actually I vaguely know my points and for some modules I prefer not to have a memorised essay so I guess I'm alright

oh but don't forget creative so +900 words, no way I can invent a creative on the spot

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
^ That

ahdil33

HSC
If you memorise with good technique it shouldn't take longer than a couple hours at worse. Don't read every line again and again til you can do the whole thing. Split your essays into paragraphs, and split those paragraphs into chunks of 3-4 points.

Read the first point three times, then try produce it without reading. If you can't, read it 3 more times, and try again. Do this until you can produce it from memory. Then do the second point, and do it so you can produce the first two points, then keep doing it until you've memorised that chunk. Once you complete a chunk of 3-4 points, start the same process again.

Eventually you can try recall the whole essays, and after 3-4 times you should be able to recall the whole thing.

lolcakes52

HSC
Just look cover say write check, like a little kid. It helps. Ive got half my dickinson poetry memorised

George121

HSC
I still have 4 essays to memorise and haven't started.

It's only too late when you're actually in the exam hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)