Too late to take a Gap Year? (1 Viewer)

dcmario

HSC
Hey guys

1st yr student here , doing engineering ( renewable energy ) and tbh I think ive stuffed up big time already...

As some of you may know, many tests are on this week. I have done 2 tests this week and i feel out of the 4 subjects i have imma fail 3 of them :( ( doing MATH1131, PHYS1121, COMP1911, ELEC1111). Im OK for COMP1911 but the rest I really have no idea...during tutes i really dont know where to start asking questions coz i almost have no idea what theyre doing and afraid that ill hold other peoples learning back.

( )

A restart would be something i need, if not a break and so im thinking...:-
-if its possible to take a gap year
-change uni (1.5 hr trip one way for me )
-change course ( Ive always had an interest for music [i still practice these days] but im worried about job opportunities and pay :/ )

so any thoughts/suggestions?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
MATH1131 tests are easy though. And tutes are where you ask questions, who cares if others don't like it - it's your learning, who cares about the others. If the tutor feels you need special attention because your question is too long or you're asking too much, he or she may refer you to consultation times or just chat to you about it after the tutorial.

But other than that... you can't really change course until after a year - that's Internal Program Transfer rules, mostly. Change uni... well, depends on UAC rules - might wanna check. And you can always defer, I think. Go up to Student Central tomorrow and enquire - I'm sure you can defer.

That is, take the rest of the semester off, possibly the next semester too and start again as if nothing happened next year.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
are you keeping up with the homeworks/readings/studies?do you really don't understand or because you are procrastinating?

anyway,you can change your program but you have to apply through UAC

dcmario

HSC
are you keeping up with the homeworks/readings/studies?do you really don't understand or because you are procrastinating?

anyway,you can change your program but you have to apply through UAC
well i am procrastinating a bit, also im not too sure what to do for homework ( nothing is set/lacking motivation :/ )

dcmario

HSC
say if i was to take one less subject. Would i just have to apply for one less subject? is there any extra work needed to be done?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
say if i was to take one less subject. Would i just have to apply for one less subject? is there any extra work needed to be done?
nope. u just enrol in one less, u don't need to tell anyone or do anything.

go-go_6

HSC
N/A
If you are still considering this Letz Live are opening up 3 spots for gappers in the UK this September to December! You could defer uni! I guess just take a look at their website for application details, there is also heaps of programs on something called gap rap -- google it I guess! It is what I have been using.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)