"Too many connections" (1 Viewer)

ben

Getting a lot of database errors tonight "Too many connections"

plus for some reason I'm only get some emails for my subscribed threads. tonight I noticed a few threads I was subscribed to had new posts, but I haven't got any emails (SHOCK HORROR :p )

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
yeah. the server is going ape and shit. yesterday it had a "too many connections" thing. Is this site really that popular that we an alternative solution?

ben

i guess it's possible that the max connections is set on 1.

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
Warning: Too many connections in /usr/home/www/sites/hsc.ozlpn.com/htdocs/community/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

methinks it's the limit on this account...or there was something about that line that was required alot...and it couldn't access it enough

and last year, HSCBoardz was hosted on f2s, and moved to d3k when I took over...and then d3k had some dumb policy, and they used that to wipe the account. ah well, not like it was stable enough anyway...and I didn't have enough for paid hosting, like I wanted to make a few months back

T

tactic

i have asked for the limit on the server to be put up a bit..
it doesnt last for long periods of time tho.. trust me i know when it happens everytime you see an error page i get an email.. when the mysql connections pick up to about 6000 queries i get about 50emails saying that..

its not THAT much of an inconveinance is it.. just hit refresh a few times.

T

tactic

i have also changed an option which should help reduce this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)