• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

too much english in maths! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchblade87

HSC
Hey hippo, just think, in a couple of months all ya schooling will be over and you can enjoy life. The HSC is tough, but it shouldn't be making your life 'suck'. Its like 70 days til HSC starts, by the end of the year you can do what you want with ya life (You can 'jig' all you like!)

bumbo_hippo

HSC
switchblade87 said:
Hey hippo, just think, in a couple of months all ya schooling will be over and you can enjoy life. The HSC is tough, but it shouldn't be making your life 'suck'. Its like 70 days til HSC starts, by the end of the year you can do what you want with ya life (You can 'jig' all you like!)
it doesn't have to wait a couple of months...
afta trialz...and when i get my certificate...proving i graduated...
then i'm done touching bookZ~

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
it doesn't have to wait a couple of months...
afta trialz...and when i get my certificate...proving i graduated...
then i'm done touching bookZ~
Somebody's ambitious... :rolleyes:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
very~
there is more to life than 'skool'
Of course there is.

The reason why I take school seriously is because I want to do well in the HSC, so that I can get into the course I want at uni, so that I can graduate and get the job that I want, so that I can get paid. It's all about the $$$s. :p

Also, a big ambition of mine is to be a know-it-all, at least in one subject or field.

bumbo_hippo

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Of course there is.

The reason why I take school seriously is because I want to do well in the HSC, so that I can get into the course I want at uni, so that I can graduate and get the job that I want, so that I can get paid. It's all about the $$$s. :p

Also, a big ambition of mine is to be a know-it-all, at least in one subject or field.
my goal in life...
b a pain in da ass...and annoy pplz..
doin a pretty good job of dat already~ hmm..

thinking bak to yr 7...i got paid by someone...to go annoy his friend for a day~...
and i got paid to go away by my cousin~ works either way~! :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
my goal in life...
b a pain in da ass...and annoy pplz..
doin a pretty good job of dat already~ hmm..

thinking bak to yr 7...i got paid by someone...to go annoy his friend for a day~...
and i got paid to go away by my cousin~ works either way~! :p
Yes you are doing an excellent job of that, congratulations. If you are paid by the degree of annoyance you can create, I believe you'll make quite a fortune.

Good luck with that, I'm getting back to studying.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Of course there is.

:D Being a know-it-all. Hmmm.
:p Maths, chemistry, physics, music, bring it on!!

bumbo_hippo

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Yes you are doing an excellent job of that, congratulations. If you are paid by the degree of annoyance you can create, I believe you'll make quite a fortune.

Good luck with that, I'm getting back to studying.
yea...
u watch da thing ACA or...wateva is on channel 9...
pplz getting ripped off bad...for fortune telling...i mean~ they trust pplz like dat?! XD
my dad sat there saying how stupid those pplz r...
buh yea...
i guess i can b like one of those pplz and ripp off money from 'educated' pplz like them...and b heapz rich~!! ROFL XD

good luck on ur studies~ and trialzz..

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
yea...
u watch da thing ACA or...wateva is on channel 9...
pplz getting ripped off bad...for fortune telling...i mean~ they trust pplz like dat?! XD
my dad sat there saying how stupid those pplz r...
buh yea...
i guess i can b like one of those pplz and ripp off money from 'educated' pplz like them...and b heapz rich~!! ROFL XD

good luck on ur studies~ and trialzz..
Umm. I don't believe Dreamerish has mentioned fortune telling anywhere yet...

bumbo_hippo

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Then please use the proper punctuation.
Otherwise we have more probelms than just trying to decipher your use of English.
geez...picky pplz in here~

switchblade87

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Then please use the proper punctuation.
Otherwise we have more probelms than just trying to decipher your use of English.
You're forgetting that she doesn't like english in maths, and this is a maths forum... :p

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
We're not really picky. Just people who prefer a high signal-to-noise ratio in their communications. :p

EDIT: On topic, a number of my lecturers have pointed at published papers in scientific journals, where the equation:word ratio is rarely as high as one might expect. Communicating with words is a valid and necessary skill in science.

With regards to the questions asked in HSC science, I have to agree that many of them are ridiculous and rather irrelevant to the subject at hand. Those wordy questions tend more towards talking about what I would regard as fringe issues in science rather than giving students a chance to show how they can communicate effectively on a topic in physics, chemistry, etc.

From that point of view, "Explain Faraday's law of induction" is a good 8-mark question, "Describe the social and ethical issues associated with building a mobile phone tower" is not.

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
Chemistry last year had an extended response question (expected 4+ pages of writing) on the history of shipbuilding. Explain that one away, bitch. :)
Oh, 4+ pages of writing! OH! Wow. Jeez. Hardly an essay. Plus, you're completly ignoring the rest of the exam which is simple maths.

Withoutacock, you should try 6 Modern essays in 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)