Top 10 Hardest HSC Subjects (1 Viewer)

Luke322

HSC
Personally, I wouldn't rank Latin as high as some of you guys might, I personally believe Chinese would be more difficult. Keep in mind that languages like English and French have Latin roots, meaning that speaking one of (or both) languages may result in learning and performing well in Latin becoming easier, whereas having no background in a language like Chinese can make it much more difficult to learn, and subsequently take as an HSC subject. My top list doesn't take into account science subjects mainly because I only took 1 science subject, and dropped it at the end of year 11, but it does consider HSIE subjects.

My personal top 10 most difficult subjects (including languages):
  1. Mathematics Extension 2
  2. English Extension 2
  3. Mathematics Extension 1
  4. Chinese
  5. Latin Extension
  6. English Advanced and English Extension 1
  7. Latin Continuers
  8. Economics and Legal Studies
  9. Mathematics Advanced
  10. English Standard and Mathematics Standard
It's quite difficult to limit yourself to 10 subjects but this is what I think :)
@jimmysmith560 coming in with straight facts as usual

notme123

HSC
I don't do bio, but it seems mostly content regurgitation. Eco is content + application + linking all modules together + 2 essays + Short answers which are pretty much not short and more so mini essays + cancer multiple choice.
I'm confused do you do eco or not because I agree with this statement. The content can be reduced drastically if you're a bit smart about it e.g. using the same policies constantly
like legit superannuation can apply to all modules

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm confused do you do eco or not because I agree with this statement. The content can be reduced drastically if you're a bit smart about it e.g. using the same policies constantly
like legit superannuation can apply to all modules
I dropped it end to beginning of term 2/3. So I had practically finished the entire course by then. I agree with reducing content I did the same thing. Most content flowed nicely in eco, so i'd remember stuff as a flowchart rather than straight dot points.

notme123

HSC
I dropped it end to beginning of term 2/3. So I had practically finished the entire course by then. I agree with reducing content I did the same thing. Most content flowed nicely in eco, so i'd remember stuff as a flowchart rather than straight dot points.
same it really isnt a subject you can tick off syllabus dot points with its like a mush of a subject

Luke322

HSC
Honestly, the HSC is much worse this year because of the lockdowns Gladys has imposed on her quest for wold domination (as seen in video below).

BUT together we can overcome this injustice. At least NESA has assured us HSC will go on, but knowing the government they're might withdraw that in the next few days and change their mind again

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
This is my top 7, cause idk enough about the other subjects.
  1. English Advanced, Ext 1, Ext 2, Standard
  2. Maths Standard
  3. Mathematics Extension 2
  4. Physics
  5. Economics
  6. Chemistry
  7. Mathematics Extension 1
Before you come for me. Maths standard has way too many words in the questions. Like what even is this question attatched.

Attachments

Luke322

HSC
This is my top 7, cause idk enough about the other subjects.
  1. English Advanced, Ext 1, Ext 2, Standard
  2. Maths Standard
  3. Mathematics Extension 2
  4. Physics
  5. Economics
  6. Chemistry
  7. Mathematics Extension 1
Before you come for me. Maths standard has way too many words in the questions. Like what even is this question attatched.
Mathematics standard is hard if you don't know the syllabus, but if you do it def is not on the level of 4u lol. Otherwise, basically agree.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Mathematics standard is hard if you don't know the syllabus, but if you do it def is not on the level of 4u lol. Otherwise, basically agree.
Nah subjects with too many words just does my head in lmao. If I sign up for a mathematics course I want pure maths. Don't give me words please.

notme123

HSC
Look I don't do biology but some of my friends do and they say eco is harder because of the application required and the variety of essays needed. Oh yeah, and the MC.
Usually every year theres 1/4 essay you wont have a prepared for, the other 3 you would have prepared for if you did causes and consequences of each issue and effect of policy on each objective]

HOTTAKE: mc isn't that bad :oops::oops:

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
How is that at all wordy tho. Its just a diagram isnt it
Look at the rest of the 2020 standard paper it's like im reading a short response. They deffo employed english teachers to write a maths paper from the knowledge they have left of high school maths.

notme123

HSC
Look at the rest of the 2020 standard paper.
ye there was the cricket one too but that wasnt even that bad if you can reduce it to get the vital info
in the end it was just simul equations

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
ye there was the cricket one too but that wasnt even that bad if you can reduce it to get the vital info
in the end it was just simul equations
"Extracting vital info" this just sounds like english.

imaiyuki

HSC
i think there needs to be a consensus on what "harder" means
"harder" to do what?
cos i think what many people consider when they choose a subject is how hard it is to get a good mark in it, say a band 6
and in that case definitely english is on top, because even thought the subject matter of mx2 is quite abstract and complex (literally), it only requires rote practice and once you get the swing of it you're practically guaranteed very high scaled marks, but that isn't as true for english
similarly, languages would not make the list cos if you try in a language and are somewhat passionate, a band 6 is quite achievable for many

just my thoughts owo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)