• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Top 10 Hip hop/rap/r'n'b cds of all time (1 Viewer)

otay

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
i only own 11 hiphop albums and have about several more on my comp, but anyway...

organized konfusion - stress: the extinction agenda
dr. octagon - dr. octagonecologist
wu-tang clan - 36 chambers
gza - liquid swords
ghostface killah - iron man
quasimoto - the unseen
nas - illmatic
gravediggaz - 6 feet deep
notorious big - ready to die
ice cube - ameriKKKa's most wanted
Good to see that Organized Konfusion is well respected. Same with Dr. Octagon (altho preferred him in Ultramagnetic MC's as Kool Keith).

And no to AEOM (prolly pac's 4th best album at that), The documentary and that young buck shit. Also good that no1 has put that overrated Chronic cd. It'd good yeah, but not great.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
robbie1 said:
also should of mentioned:

The Game - The Documentary
Straight Outta Cashville - Young Buck
2pac - All Eyez On Me
Mobb Deep - The Infamous

dude i didnt say there is a bad track on MMLP but you suggested GET RICH OR DIE TRYING, and also young buck, AND devils night AND the documentary...again, go listen to the radio

the only true classic you have mentioned is 'the infamous'

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
otay said:
Good to see that Organized Konfusion is well respected. Same with Dr. Octagon (altho preferred him in Ultramagnetic MC's as Kool Keith).

And no to AEOM (prolly pac's 4th best album at that), The documentary and that young buck shit. Also good that no1 has put that overrated Chronic cd. It'd good yeah, but not great.
agreed i could never fully really get into 'the chronic' or '2001' for that matter, they are good albums and i enjoyed them, but not like i enjoy albums like 'reasonable doubt' 'illmatic' and 'the infamous'

im tempted to mention the pharcyde, they are so criminally slept on its ridiculous :(

theres a reality show with j-swift coming to air next year hahahaha its showing some woman helping him to get back onto the top, i saw the trailer he is all drug fucked, walking like a crack-head and shit, the reality show is supposed to document him 'cleaning up his act' which would be interesting to see but i doubt it'll make it past those fucking censorship faggots.

otay

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
agreed i could never fully really get into 'the chronic' or '2001' for that matter, they are good albums and i enjoyed them, but not like i enjoy albums like 'reasonable doubt' 'illmatic' and 'the infamous'

im tempted to mention the pharcyde, they are so criminally slept on its ridiculous :(

theres a reality show with j-swift coming to air next year hahahaha its showing some woman helping him to get back onto the top, i saw the trailer he is all drug fucked, walking like a crack-head and shit, the reality show is supposed to document him 'cleaning up his act' which would be interesting to see but i doubt it'll make it past those fucking censorship faggots.
Yeah man, Bizarre Ride 2 the Pharcyde is a classic and someone mentioned Labcabincalifornia. Pharcyde are awesome. Other groups that haven't really been mentioned are Public Enemy who have 2 absolute classics in "Fear of a Black Planet" and "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back". Many Run-DMC and Beastie Boys albums. Also Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five's "The Message" and of course Slick Rick's "Great Adventures of Slick Rick". Damn making a top 10 list is fucking hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)