hi i was just wondering....

this is what i got

business studies 91exam mark 87 hsc mark
ipt 88exam mark 86 hsc mark
advanced english 90 exam mark 87 hsc mark
general maths 83 exam mark 84 hsc mark
economics 79 exam mark 79 hsc mark
uai 88.95

at my school if you get 3 band 6's (obviously not me) or 3 or more subjects in the top 10% of the state you get an award... and they put ur name and photo on a big projector thing... i was wondering if i'de have any chance of getting that....

i really want it, my dad isn't proud of me but i think he will be if he gets invited to hsc awards night... i probably have no chance... argggh damn my asian parents!

Huy

HSC
N/A
i was wondering if i'de have any chance of getting that....
I think your chances would be very slim, considering you do not meet the criteria for the 'big project thing'.
my dad isn't proud of me but i think he will be if he gets invited to hsc awards night
Is this at your school? because if it is, then you might just have a chance, they usually call (and ask) students who perform well in the HSC to come back to school for an evening or luncheon.
argggh damn my asian parents!
You and me both, :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey huy :p

i'm just browsing through the forums and jeez ur a nice guy :p

What uni are u going to btw?? nice people like you should goto MAQ!! hehehe

it doesn't bother me much that i didn't get as good... because honestly i was ready to kill myself for these exams, i crammed like hell (it was so painful) and i'm proud of my marks for the exams except for economics which was my last subject and i just ran out of steam (it's my best subject too!! hahaha) other than that i wish my parents namely my dad would stop wrecking the minimal joy i have right now.:(
becoz my uai estimate from school was only 68 and 88.95 is a hellova big difference between them two uai scores

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Clairegirl,

You've stuck your tongue out at me twice, is that an indication of your intentions? Tongue-hockey it is! :p

I was originally planning to go back to school, but shuddered at the thought of seeing my little brother (my own flesh and blood outperform me at 'my own game'), then, upon further (and constantly) thinking, I decided upon TAFE and repeating the HSC there, however my mind swayed, once again - to thoughts of university. I figure that if I've been given a UAI, I'll have to deal with it myself - it's like God dealing you a hand, you have to live life with whatever hand God dealt you (sorry to go all religious on you).

I was considering MQ, to be honest - another person from my school had decided on MQ (going from UWS Law) - Psychology. The three courses being Arts/Psych and Sci/Psych (try saying that to yourself! Sci-Psych! :D). There's another course which entails a Diploma in Education, which might be handy if I ever become a teacher (chances are slim, but I'm not ruling that out, it's nice to make a difference in the education system).

Now, however, I think my mind (and heart) is set on UNSW. MQ is too far away for me (I am living in the western suburbs of Sydney), and MQ lies in the north, way up north (although it's not in North Sydney kind of 'north').

I'm not bothered either, as I have been 'over' my UAI and original HSC marks for quite some time now (a couple of days). I killed myself and crammed like hell for the exams, but I can't say that I gave it the best shot I had - throughout the duration of the year. As far as marks are concerned, I'm proud of a few subjects, but on the whole, as many others would agree (upon looking at their own marks): "It could have been so much better".

I'm thinking about a novel (or quote) right about now, 'if only I knew then, what I know now', which I think is quite appropriate. :)

It's the Christmas season, families should be supportive (I know I'd be).

All the best, and if I may say so, a Merry Christmas to you, claregirl.

:)

/edit
If you had been given an estimate of 68 (count your blessings it wasn't 69! :D) - and you had received 88.95 (I'll make it 89), then you should be extremely happy that you had proved your school 'wrong'. Think about it in a positive light, you had +20 UAI points over your original prediction.

That's like going from 80 to 100! :)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Hey clairegirl.

i got one of those those awards last year, pretty cool but embarassing having your picture enlarged really big and for the whole school to see!!!

I definitely think you'll get one due to IPT, Adv English, and Business Studies probably in the top 10%, maybe even gen maths! You'll get a letter soon around about early january!!!

Good Luck!

santaslayer

HSC
u have to get that many band 6's just to get an award?.....at our skool we only have to get one band 6 or a uai over 90.00

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
usually in the first couple of weeks back of 2004 school year...i remember my awards ceremony was on valentines day

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
different schools have them at different times. some before the hsc, some after

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
my awards night is before the UAI release. its based entirely on any internal top 3 ranks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)