TOP 38 Estimate ATAR please !! (1 Viewer)

nazzri

HSC
N/A
Hey, my school is currently 38th and is one of the top non private schools in nsw

just wondering what you guys rekon my atar would be

General maths - 8/144
Standard English - 25/100
Business studies - 3/97
Ancient History - 14/63
Legal Studies - 14/55

thanks a lot !

Examine

same
HSC
90-92.5

King's generally performs really strongly for General Maths and Business Studies, so I do believe that your ranks for those are pretty strong (Business will definitely be the subject that carries your ATAR up). Legal is decent in the sense that you have a relatively decent rank which would most likely receive a high band 5 considering your school's history. As for where the work needs to be done it would definitely be Standard English (self explanatory) and Ancient History (although at the same rank as legal the school doesn't hasn't performed half as well as Legal throughout the years).

Last edited:

nazzri

HSC
N/A
i dont go to kings aha i go to cherrybrook aha. i just checked and i saw the 2012 results

Examine

same
HSC
91.25 - 94

Ok, so my comments would probably be the same as what I gave when I thought you went to Kings. Business Studies will definitely pull your ATAR up (like astronomically) since Cherrybrook Tech outperforms most schools in the subject and you have a great rank to accompany it. General Maths is to a lesser extent but will still be a subject which will also pull your ATAR up. Same comments for Legal and Standard but Ancient would have performed better than I previously estimated. Also did you have a teacher in Legal Studies that recently moved schools?

Also Cherrybrook is ranked 51.

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
I thought I'd address this before anybody asked.

The reason why I gave a higher atar estimate when Cherrybrook is a lower rank than King's is because Cherrybrook has a really large cohort size, which means to get a better rank the school needs to accumulate many more band 6's than your average sized school. Here is the difference in the number of band 6's each school has achieved in the past 3 years for Business.

Kings: 18-7-10
Cherrybrook: 25-26-36

This generally happened with most his subs.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
91.25 - 94

Ok, so my comments would probably be the same as what I gave when I thought you went to Kings. Business Studies will definitely pull your ATAR up (like astronomically) since Cherrybrook Tech outperforms most schools in the subject and you have a great rank to accompany it. General Maths is to a lesser extent but will still be a subject which will also pull your ATAR up. Same comments for Legal and Standard but Ancient would have performed better than I previously estimated. Also did you have a teacher in Legal Studies that recently moved schools?

Also Cherrybrook is ranked 51.
Good evaluation and use of terminology. However, too short and did not address the underlying issues.

15/20

RANK 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)