Top Schools of 2006 - Daily Telegraph (1 Viewer)

cupcake08

HSC
glitterfairy said:
^ None of that stuff happens at Hornsby Girls (nor most of the selectives I know, perhaps barring Ruse). Everyone's encouraged to do what they enjoy/are good at. there's a bit of a strong 'encouragement' to do EE1 (and Standard English isn't even offered as an option at the school), but otherwise there's no pressure to take up or drop any units. If you do bad, the teacher will just ask you to have a chat with them, and they'll go through papers etc. Parents are only called up if you miss 3 days of school in a row with no explaination
i beg to differ :p but things have probably changed since you went! i know a girl who was forced to drop ext 1 english cause her marks weren't up to scratch. also to do ext 2 you have get at least 40 in prelim or so I've heard. but hey, english is pretty nazi. i dont think any of the other subjects have any of those rules or anything.

the absentee policy hasn't changed at all though!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Parents are only called up if you miss 3 days of school in a row with no explaination
Ahahaha...yeah. I learnt that the hard way. :p

Anyway, I found this excerpt in a DT article:
James Ruse is so far ahead I wonder if it will ever be challenged for top spot. Though looking at percentages of exams sat, second on the top 200 list, Hornsby Girls, continues to pull away from the rest of the pack. Go girls.
Hornsby pride! Because we don't just go to Hornsby Girls...

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
the leader said:
:rofl: 159th!!

hehe something like only 9% of our kids get a distinguished achievers thingo, so i'm thinking 159th isnt too bad considering.....

then again a girl at my school got 1st in advanced english - so i guess that goes to show how every school has its "diamond in the rough" that can jack up the school's ranking
omg yeah a girl at our school topped adv eng a few years ago...you should have seen the principal, teachers etc reaction...they had hope for the rest of us after that, i think. :eek:

Teddy Lee

HSC
yeah its funny when there's an exceptional student in unexpected schools. my cousin got 99.6 uai at one of these schools in 1995 and they still go on abt her on orientation days and the such! but it's amazing. despite the crappy teachers and all the other limitations these schools offer, some students manage to rise so far above it all, without coaching or anything! how!?

HSC
N/A
cupcake08 said:
i beg to differ :p but things have probably changed since you went! i know a girl who was forced to drop ext 1 english cause her marks weren't up to scratch. also to do ext 2 you have get at least 40 in prelim or so I've heard. but hey, english is pretty nazi. i dont think any of the other subjects have any of those rules or anything.

the absentee policy hasn't changed at all though!
:O :O :O

MR ELDRIDGE! HOW COULD YOU!!!!

Things have changed a lot in just two years. :(

cupcake08

HSC
glitterfairy said:
:O :O :O

MR ELDRIDGE! HOW COULD YOU!!!!

Things have changed a lot in just two years.
yeh it sucks. :(

times are a changin'

but at least we're still nowhere near 'uai factory' level

HSC
N/A
true. But I still remember him walking up and down random hallways in Yr 11. Walking up close and sticking his head in our faces. "You will do English Extension next year girls, won't you? won't you? english extension girls, don't forget!"

The day hornsby becomes a uai factory is the day I will renounce my hornsby pride. We're beige, have very little in the way of greenery, and no air conditioning in most of our rooms. Dammit, we need something good to be proud of!

* extremely close proximity to Westfields not counted

Jachie

HSC
I don't think we'll be becoming a UAI factory anytime soon. Not until Mr. Phillips retires, anyway.

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
hornsby will never become a uai factory. well will never become one until they stop hanging out and partying with normo guys.

Jachie

HSC
Ahahaha. Poor Normos...

cupcake08

HSC
glitterfairy said:
true. But I still remember him walking up and down random hallways in Yr 11. Walking up close and sticking his head in our faces. "You will do English Extension next year girls, won't you? won't you? english extension girls, don't forget!"

The day hornsby becomes a uai factory is the day I will renounce my hornsby pride. We're beige, have very little in the way of greenery, and no air conditioning in most of our rooms. Dammit, we need something good to be proud of!

* extremely close proximity to Westfields not counted
ironically westfield was my prime motivation for going to the school.. as if its not something to be proud of! :p

...and don't worry, i dont think you need to relinquish your hornsby pride just yet. we're still hopeless with the chemistry and maths.

blackfriday said:
hornsby will never become a uai factory. well will never become one until they stop hanging out and partying with normo guys.
pffft most girls i know shun the normos :eek: we're tooo cool

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
LottoX said:
The bottom sucked, the top raped.
Just admit you guys phailed and blame it on you know who.

It's been downhill for us since 2003.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
its all Richie's fault !

:rofl:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
too many nsb boys are going soft. remember that curry kid with the sob story last year after the english hsc trial paper got cancelled? that little bitch put it on for the tv news.

Jachie

HSC
sando said:
its all Richie's fault !

:rofl:
I also hear Richie is responsible for Limp Bizkit's album deal AND Dubya's reelection, gave birth to Hitler and killed James Brown.

that bastard. :(

the leader

HSC
mangela said:
woot go team smiths hill​
44th!!!
Hey, you kicked St Mary's arse (by about 110 places :rofl:)

I swear, Smith's Hill is my hero (in wollongong at least)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)