Top Schools of 2006 (2 Viewers)

HSC
I think the results such as band 6 etc are released in the paper on the tuesday when we get our results... but dont count me on that

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
Bookie said:
false.

we'll come third. but whats with the 'vj and chandra' comment?

VJ and chandra were two of my mates that james ruse STOLE from high. :p

i also have a friend from primary, who went to ruse this year. damnnn themmm.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
timlay said:
VJ and chandra were two of my mates that james ruse STOLE from high. :p

i also have a friend from primary, who went to ruse this year. damnnn themmm.
ruse didnt 'steal' them.

your friends are stupid cockmongers for going there.

They shouldnt even be friends - who the fuck gives High up?

on another note, im scared i wont get my name in the paper for anything....bar maybe MX1

chungo

HSC
Errr Chandra?? at Ruse...... right.........
Anyways... who're you (timlay)?

Hornsby, I hear, are much weaker this year... so I expect NSG to be up there 2nd/3rd...

And NSB are going down for sure... HIGH for Top5 =D
Plus if you're talking about most 4U students... we have that title...120... (though I don't quiite agree with the school's 'more is better' ideal...) Having said that, I'd say we are the top Maths and Science school... Ruse doesn't count... they cheat by taking the cream of the metropolitan area (the top students) in Yr 11...opening an extra class...

milton

HSC
the question isnt whether Ruse will top the state, but rather, by how much?

G

gaoOO

milton said:
the question isnt whether Ruse will top the state, but rather, by how much?
quite a bit this year from what i hear... i think the next two schools will be pretty close though, probably North Sydney Girls and Baulkam Hills, though they'll be light years from Ruse. :p

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Judging by the results I'm hearing from others it seems that Sefton did shit this year.....looks like its back to 40s for us....:(
Do you reckon your school did well this year, considering the results?

dromar31

HSC
i estimate my school (CARDIFF HIGH) will come in the bottom 50 lol we have some of the dumbest people i know

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I just got off the phone (don't ask me why) with Ruse principal Michael Quinlan and the top schools of 2006 are:

1) JRAHS: median uai is a smidgen below 99
2) Hornsby girls: zomg congratz esther
3) Sydney Girls: i did not see that coming. <3 sweetsweetcandy (my fellow clana supporter in the SV threads)
4) Baulkham Hills: yeah pat on the back for me too

That's in terms of the % of students who scored a DA (distinguished achievers) or 10 subjects above 90.

Ruse scored exactly 68 of these this year, which is a drop from the year before. However, supposedly, each school has considerably less because the 2006 hsc was moderated more harshly than the previous 4 years (2001 was the worst, lol). Expect to hear about that soon from the UAC.

And the above results should be published in the daily telegraph tomorrow, it's already in print. SMH does something different which is the % of students who score 90 in each subject taken (i.e. it's more evenly spread, than distinguished achievers) so expect baulko and maybe sghs to maybe jump up that list a bit.

Final thing, the english standard/advanced/esl hsc was marked the hardest this year, as confirmed by the ETA. True story, any band 6s this year were very hard to score :)

P

pLuvia

English marked harder, expected as the tests weren't as hard as last years or the years before in my opinion.

Were you one of those 68 bob liang? :D:D

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
bobness said:
I just got off the phone (don't ask me why) with Ruse principal Michael Quinlan and the top schools of 2006 are:

1) JRAHS: median uai is a smidgen below 99
2) Hornsby girls: zomg congratz esther
3) Sydney Girls: i did not see that coming. <3 sweetsweetcandy (my fellow clana supporter in the SV threads)
4) Baulkham Hills: yeah pat on the back for me too

That's in terms of the % of students who scored a DA (distinguished achievers) or 10 subjects above 90.

Ruse scored exactly 68 of these this year, which is a drop from the year before. However, supposedly, each school has considerably less because the 2006 hsc was moderated more harshly than the previous 4 years (2001 was the worst, lol). Expect to hear about that soon from the UAC.

And the above results should be published in the daily telegraph tomorrow, it's already in print. SMH does something different which is the % of students who score 90 in each subject taken (i.e. it's more evenly spread, than distinguished achievers) so expect baulko and maybe sghs to maybe jump up that list a bit.

Final thing, the english standard/advanced/esl hsc was marked the hardest this year, as confirmed by the ETA. True story, any band 6s this year were very hard to score :)
Are you serious? I hope what you said is actually genuine because that gives me a bit of hope in getting a higher UAI than what SAM predicted.....

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
shimmy&shine said:
And also, for the person who said rankings remain relatively the same every year. NO WAY!!! When I was in year 7, my school was ranked like 27?We've leapt up over 20 places in 5 years. So there can be significant differences year to year.
Agree, sbhs was like 2nd in the state when i was in year 6, man was i happy to get into there!

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Im guessing ruse first then sydney girls second, seeing as how there english canes ours. Apparently sbhs came third, because apparently there was like 70+ ppl that got 99+, which i personally dont believe. then again, it has been the smartest grade for a while. And i also predict htat nsbhs will FAIL, given the state of their english department *COUGHCOUGH SELWAY COUGHCOUGH*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)