• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Top Tier Law Firms in Aus (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
just some law firm names which i have gathered over the past yr (altho not all are top-tier):

Abbot Tout Lawyers

Allens Arthur Robinson

Arnold Bloch Leibler

Baker & McKenzie

Blake Dawson Waldron

Clayton Utz

Clifford Chance

Corrs Chambers Westgarth

Coudert Brothers

Deacons

Ebsworth & Ebsworth

Dibbs Barker Gosling

Freehills

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer

Gadens Lawyers

Gilbert+Tobin

Henry Davis York

Hunt & Hunt Lawyers

Linklaters

Lovells

Mallesons Stephen Jacques

Middletons Lawyers

MinterEllison Lawyers

Phillips Fox

Simmons & Simmons HK

Sparke Helmore

TressCox

NB: if i've missed your firm and you are interested in being added to this list (by means of a small donation to BoredofStudies), please contact one of the admins.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Allens and Mallesons do the vast majority of the big transactional work which is where the money is.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
Go Clayton Utz!

but all of them = long hours .'. yuck...
Clayton Utz is damned HUGE, but they have promoted a very nasty, competitive, back-stabbing attitude in the workplace in the past.

I think BDW seems like a decent firm - big, but still relatively friendly.

L

LaraB

MoonlightSonata said:
Clayton Utz is damned HUGE, but they have promoted a very nasty, competitive, back-stabbing attitude in the workplace in the past.

lol you seem to get that with a lot of big firms..

i suppose coz they're so huge its hard to get to the top so people start doing whatever it takes to get there without caring whose careers they ruin a long the way...

santaslayer

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:

It's very normal; human nature.
I think you'll also find that in other law and/or non-law firms.
Depends what type of person you are I guess.
I have a family friend that works there. She's based in HK though (I think). Yeah, she said it was humungous as well. She did B Commerce(Accounting)/LLB @ USYD.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
It's very normal; human nature.
I think you'll also find that in other law and/or non-law firms.
Probably, but I have been told in particular there. Our family friend worked there for many years

L

LaraB

Asquithian said:
Slater and gordon are seen by many as bottom feeders. they offer the no win no fee promise however they take a large proprotion of the compensation.

Gillia Gillard became a partner there within a few years.
is houlda explained better then...i meant that athey are a big firm as far as cases like BHP/ok tedi and stuff so if you're into that they'r a top firm to be looking at

gillard becoming a partner there so quickly doesnt really prove much coz shes obviously very good at what she does so you would expect a person with an extremely high calibre of knowledge and application to work to succeed in such a way

just coz it takes ur entire life to reach a top partner ina firm doesnt mean the firms any better or worse....

depends on the individual person and the firm and the industry they are dealing with

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
You guys are all seriously deluded.

The best place in the whole country is Robson & Oliver - "soliciting proffesionality".

Oh, you don't know about it? Well, that's cause they do secret government work...they're working on copyrighting Bette Middler's breasts at the moment. This high-powered core is kept undercover through the faccade of a sleazy regional office...majoring in conveyancing and wills.

With that out of the way, I have a question: Would any of you consider going into LegalAid?

L

LaraB

Asquithian said:
wow you got 100 for legal!

Now that takes some effort!
lol did you notice tho - HSC 2005?

lol dunno if u did or not....

but geez its aprety good effort 2 get 100 in an exam you havent done yet :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)