Topic area (1 Viewer)

pinkballerina18

HSC
I did a viva voce in this topic area (instrument and repertoire) and the question I made up was- How does Missy Higgins create stylistic variation in her vocals through use of expressive techniques...I wish I had some of my information left over...I think I deleted it all, but I can check for you if you like because I know how hard it is to find information on vocal techniques etc. Most music books don't appreciate the voice as an instrument, which sucks, if you ask me!

What are you considering on doing? Do you know yet?

Newie_kitty

HSC
well i am going to do a performance instead of a viva or comp. I was actually thinking about doing an in depth study of Amy lee and her techniques. I know what you mean about music books not appreciating vocalists and not having enough resources to do a decent job... Oh well, that's life... :)

pinkballerina18

HSC
Just a word of advice...Unless your really good at analysing vocal techniques I recommend that you do four performances. I only did one viva, but I think it brought me down more than if I would have done performance. I got an 18/20 average for my performances in trials and 14/20 for viva...I would have done better doing performance. But then again, if you do a viva then you will do better in the theory side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)