Topic Help!! (1 Viewer)

andrew29

HSC
hay all,
ive decided to choose the topic of the Japanase History Textbook Controversy, as i think its an awesome topic, but im having trouble deciding on a question to choose amongst this topic, ive thought of a few ideas such as:
-Effect of the Controversy on Japans international relations
-Effect of the Controversy on the Younger generations affected by these textbooks
-How effective was the response by the international community and neighbouring countries of japan

thats all i can sort of think up, but i seem to be thinking that i need more controversy/historical debate.

IF anyone can give me some advice on what they think of this, and even some other questions which i could use within this topic, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

X

xeuyrawp

Best thing to do is to simply read more into it. For the moment, leave your topic as 'Japanese Textbook Controversy', research it, and see where it leads you.

To be honest, I think the second one would be too difficult; you'd need empirical data from the youth of Japan. I think the third one is the most broad, so if you had to chose one of them now, I'd do that one.

andrew29

HSC
thanks for that,
yeh after a bit of research i have also come up with
"Critically assess the Japanese version of their part in the second world war as reflected in high school textbooks".

what do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)