Topic1: Globalisation (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
what does the increased level of int'l mergers and aquisations have to do with growth in int'l investment?

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
International mergers and aquisations means that foreign investors are buying shares in the Aust. firms. Take for example Telstra atm, the govt. aims to target the Singapore investors to buy majority of the shares. When they do, it is classified as foreign investment ==> hence, growth in internatin investment. This just means that your capital account is growing and therefore you can afford to import more than you export.

williamc

HSC
I think Pari needs a tutor.. hehe. I do nearly the exact the same subjects as you Pari, i just thought i would let you know instead of ext 1 english, 2 unit re

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ i do have a lot of questions, but no issues serious enough to make it worth paying >$50/hr to get a tutor. :eek: i ask on BOS for whatever small questions i have only coz my teacher is...hmm...not always capable of answerin them - to put it lightly. ;)

question! would the dominance of TNCs in world trade a good thing or bad?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
-pari- said:
question! would the dominance of TNCs in world trade a good thing or bad?
This is arguable, and for that fact, is best if you provide both sides of the argument in your answer. TNCs may misuse the dominance such as through higher prices in their exports. However, they may be more efficient than other smaller businesses or firms and produce better quality goods/services. These are just a couple of points to get you started, there's lots more you can write about in your answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)