Topics from 4u for MATH1131 (1 Viewer)

ROTUS

HSC
I'm this has been asked a million times..but which topics should i cover from 4u for MATH1131 other than complex numbers, mechanics and integration?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Complex Numbers, Integration are important. Harder 3U + anything else is a bonus. Note, you do not need to learn these if you are taking 1131, they will be covered. If you have done it before then it is quite good. Knowing how to sketch graphs quickly too may be of use.

Note: 1141 (higher mathematics 1A) students will be required to know these topics. There will be refreshers here and there but it will help you a lot to recall concepts from 4u.

Last edited:

ROTUS

HSC
Complex Numbers, Integration are important. Harder 3U + anything else is a bonus. Note, you do not need to learn these if you are taking 1131, they will be covered. If you have done it before then it is quite good. Knowing how to sketch graphs quickly too may be of use.

Note: 1141 (higher mathematics 1A) students will be required to know these topics. There will be refreshers here and there but it will help you a lot to recall concepts from 4u.
So mainly look at complex numbers and integration from 4u? Which specific topics from harder 3u and the rest of the 4u course? (i imagine that we dont need to know stuff like harder induction etc.?)

D94

HSC
N/A
So mainly look at complex numbers and integration from 4u? Which specific topics from harder 3u and the rest of the 4u course? (i imagine that we dont need to know stuff like harder induction etc.?)
There is definitely induction in the MATH1A course. The following topics are covered in MATH1A, and there are new/other topics as well:

MX1:

Further Trigonometry
Polynomials
Methods of Integration
Primitive of sin2x and cos2x
Inverse functions and inverse trigonometric functions
Induction
Logarithms/Exponentials

MX2:

Graphs
Complex Numbers
Integration
Polynomials

Implicit Differentiation

ROTUS

HSC
There is definitely induction in the MATH1A course. The following topics are covered in MATH1A, and there are new/other topics as well:

MX1:

Further Trigonometry
Polynomials
Methods of Integration
Primitive of sin2x and cos2x
Inverse functions and inverse trigonometric functions
Induction
Logarithms/Exponentials

MX2:

Graphs
Complex Numbers
Integration
Polynomials

Implicit Differentiation
Thank you so much!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)