Touchscreen registers (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So our store is being upgraded with TeamPOS touchscreens in january.

wat r touchscreens like? can u play games on them? are they easier? did u find not having physical buttons hard i.e. u had to look at the screen more.

i'm scared but excited, so somebody fill be in on them

Demandred

HSC
Pain in the ass if the screen is worn out, you will be repeatly poking the screen trying to the press the number 4. Also, it isn't as fast as the typical register, infact, a hell of a lot slower.

You can't make any mistakes, because everything is electronically recorded, so the employers can easily check your performance.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
probably slower, like with any touchscreens, you have to make sure your finger registers and you don't have the push down feedback like with buttons. they are a lot more interesting and colourful and have a lot more features so are much better

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Touchscreens are cool. Play some games like Solataire.

Not all systems are the same though.

I've been using the Newsagencies (use to sell lottery tickets).

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
OMG TOWNIE
we are getting them in march
thats what they told us anyways..

but im excited too..apparently it makes it so much easier
i wish our registers would pack bags too..that would make my day
yay yay yay...and i wish our registers would talk to customers
and we just stand there and scan..(coz i like scanning items)
FRESH
that is all

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
yeah touchscreen are ok, it depends on the computer if theres games on ti or not. at my old work they had solitaire and minesweeper and a few others. the regitsre where i work now is hell confusing though

Skeeta

HSC
i work at GJs and we have touchscreens (theyre obviously a tad different to urs) but i find them alot easier- they take up less space..u get used to them

ours dont have any games, its like a normal register except all the buttons are on the touch screen and the order pops up on the left hand side - its more like a computer aswell because you can go to different screens and stuff

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've only ever worked with touchscreen POS's. They're easy peasy once you get used to them.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i think that it would make life maybe a bit easier with fresh food. maybe not the common ones that u just press the button but the ones u arent sure of. i think at coles they show the picture of the vegie so u know u have the right thing

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Franklins had them. For my first job I worked in the Franklins IT department before i started uni. They were absolute HELL. Because they are effectively PCs, basically all it is is just a program that starts up when you turn it on. This program then connects to the netwok and stores all the sales and stuff. However, being a PC, the program can sometimes lose focus, which means when you try to type something it actually does nothing. The majority of the IT support calls we got were because of this, which simply required us to click back onto the program and give it the focus again. Also they are prone to crashes since they are PCs. I absolutely hated the days I was on IT support waiting for those types of calls. The franklins ones were fairly simple. A textbox where you enter the amount of cash paid or gift voucher ID or whatever. A few simple buttons to select payment methods and gift vouchers and so forth. Overall they are not very complicated at all and are quite beneficial if they arent prone to crashing.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
some of the weird ones are hard to know and tehre are 100 types of apples that may not have stickers on it...at least you would have a picture.
ppl at my work used to get cabbage and cauliflower mixed up tho lol

theone123

blue essence
HSC
natstar said:
I saw touch screen registers at blacktown woolies, are they planning to implement them at all woolies?
too bad coles did that ages ago...

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
actually yeah, at my previous job i was left in charge, and our computer went down and i couldnt get it to work, which was a fricken nightmare and we had to do everything manually all day

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i hear our new registers will be the end of Unknown items, because if it comes up unkown, it searches the entire Woolworths network for the APN

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
townie said:
i hear our new registers will be the end of Unknown items, because if it comes up unkown, it searches the entire Woolworths network for the APN
good im sick of clearskin wines not showing up and having to waste time getting the supervisor

it happened to me my first day of work, and i sugested maybe after waiting for 10 minuntes, to maybe get another bottle

fucking customer had such a bitch about cheap wine- fkn cunt

katie436

HSC
I hate the things.
The touchscreen can get worn, and can "stick" and enter thu two or more screens, meaning I always pick brushed potatoes for brussel sprouts for my bru search.

As for the price checks, Coles Myer still have me waiting for around 10 mins while someone gets me a category and price.

Technology hey, just keeps getting better.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
coles has had touch screens for ages!
my brother worked there and he said they were great. they have pictures of all the items in the store just incase u don't know the name of a certain fruit for example. i reckon it'd make ur work more easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)