• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tour de France 2006 (1 Viewer)

carbyheat

HSC
Makes you wonder about every sport.

Rumour has it FIFA sent a fax to all nations competing in the World Cup that EPO was not going to be tested during drug tests. Cycling is one of the most open sports when it comes to drug testing, and yeh it gives it a bad name but at least the UCI are trying to look after the riders.

And your kidding yourself if you believe the riders aren't taking drugs - even I take supplements, it's impossible to ride massive distances, day after day, at the speeds they do without taking drugs. It's a fine line what is illegal and what is not.

It is unfortunate for Landis though, because I'm sure that most of the top ten GC riders have doped - but he's the only one who has been caught.

Give it time anyway, the testosterone/epitestosterone test is very awkward since the test does not actually prove if he has doped. If what I've heard is true (his levels were 11 times greater than "expected" (expected for normal body - elite athletes aren't normal)) then he hasn't really doped properly, this 'type' of doping doesn't do much for the body in a multi stage race. With the doctors that look after him and the lawyers of team Phonak, Landis can easily clear his name legally since the doctors would know how to dope with testosterone and would not delibrately raise his levels so dramatically. Unless the A test was a complete foul up the B test will be exactly the same. Which means nothing really.

I'm waiting for the excuses though...

Last edited:

carbyheat

HSC
Hahaha...

Isn't it odd though...out of 170 or so riders, for 22 (?) stages, that only one rider is caught.

Doping is everywhere, it only gets published when a doctor fcuks up the process.

Landis is living in fairy land though..."I will fight this with determination". Clown.

Busted!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)