Tourism- events and meeting (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well ... i got nothing better to do, uni don't start until the end of feb so i'm starting to get bored, so i decided to help some people out.

I did the 2003 exam and got 83 - it wasn't that bad, actually i was only expecting to get into the 60s. As long as you know most of your stuff roughly before the exam, you will be fine. As for countries ... memorise australia and new zealand. it will also help to know a little bit about each of the continents.

and i take it by the course, you mean my uni course. Its so much deeper than the tafe one, it goes into so much theory like the transit route region and also all the theories that people have put forward. It also is an up to date course, which looks at how quickly the tourism industry can change and what changes it.

DanielleM

HSC
thats kool u have time :)
so honestly how much time you spend studying for the hsc tourism exam?
l'm doing pretty well in it .. good to know
sounds like a pretty good course you doing .. which uni?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
What i did for the yr 12 section of the maps was photocopied every continent and wrote the countries, capital cities and major landscapes if it fitted.

The yr 11 work required much more time. Do you have a textbook? You will need an extensive knowledge of OH&S, retail, and things like that, i'll have a look at my notes in a day or so, and i'll write up some dot points which were the main things that i studied.

Study depends on how confidet you are at the subject.

I do my course at uws.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
daniellem got all distinctions for year 11...
she doesnt need u 2 type notes 4 her
shes already smart :p
just lazy now...
make her do it herself :cool:

DanielleM

HSC
errr... ok joe.....
l'm a bit confident just a bit wonky on the whole intinery things and all
but yeah that will be heaps appreciated ... my year 11 work is everywhere... literally

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
year 11 is so much easier than year 12 anyway ... atleast you don't learn about every possible airline and country in year 11 :)

and people generally forget that year 11 work is tested in the hsc.

i'll just scan most of my year 12 work, saves drawing maps and everything :p

DanielleM

HSC
yeah l have this assessment where l have to do like every possible thing you can think of about the city eg. LA, london, singapore... driving me mad
hey l have one question... you know about a countrys cultural elements like their customs l'm not sure wat they mean by customs but does that mean like say for Paris, you must call people madam, madamoiselle etc. or like you should give kisses on the cheak as greetings???

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
That sounded like an assignment i did in year 12. We had to find a newspaper article on a certain number of countries in the world, and then write a profile on it. My stupid assignment ended up being like 700 pages long.

Anyways, the defination of customs that i have is: usual or habitual behaviours. Customs are usually religion based but they can also be social based - like the ones that you meantioned for Paris.

A country's cultural elements are generally religion based - like national holidays and scared areas and stuff like that.

DanielleM

HSC
arrrghhh crap where do l find that... yeah its like heaps long already... grrr thankgod l only have to do like 7 citys

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
These are a couple of websites that I used for my assignment, actually, i think that they were about the only things that i used.

Lonely planet

DFAT

Hope it helps :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The other one is the federal government website on foreign trade and tourism. I think that there was another federal government tourism website called smart traveller, heres the link:

smart traveller

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its not problem. I'll start scanning stuff into the computer tomorrow.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They'll definately be done before uni begins :) just gotta find some of the mapping stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)