Towards Religious Tolerance (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
It's people who hold views like this that I have no problem sharing this lovely soil with.

My door is always open, brother of humanity.
Respect brother. Peace and Love, nice one nice one.

HSC
N/A
He adores all his children with a love more powerful than you or I could ever imagine, he would refuse a child who sought to join him, even if his child took a while to come to that conclusion.
Words from a deluded little kid speaking out his ass, as if he know the mind of God....

you and your fellow cultists can extoll yourselfs as children under some allmight sadist, but you must leave us out of it.

Lentern

HSC
Words from a deluded little kid speaking out his ass, as if he know the mind of God....

you and your fellow cultists can extoll yourselfs as children under some allmight sadist, but you must leave us out of it.
What a surprise, you're a communist.

HSC

Hey. Leave Lentern alone. He's not the one who attempts to force his views...which you'd know if you'd been reading the whole thing.

HSC
N/A
He adores all his children with a love more powerful than you or I could ever imagine, he would refuse a child who sought to join him, even if his child took a while to come to that conclusion.
Then, you silly little mind-blank, explain how you know this statment to be true..

also, I'm not a communist...communists are much more like yourself, dumb serville infants who want their thoughts and actions to be commanded by some high power.

You can be a pathetic baby and say 'well I'm not forcing my views on others', but I'm calling you out them, justify whatever it is that lets you know the mind of 'god', or shut the f**k up.

HSC
He's entitled to his beliefs, and you, as a militant atheist, are being just as 'mind-blank' in your assumption of superiority as you evidently see the religious as being.

HSC
N/A
He's entitled to his beliefs, and you, as a militant atheist, are being just as 'mind-blank' in your assumption of superiority as you evidently see the religious as being.

Yes i'm a literally and fundamentally unconvinced by the unsubstainsiated claim 'zues lives in the clouds above'. I'm curious to know if my circumstances of not being a zoologist makes me a militant non-zoologist aswell?
Are you an apologist to other religions aswell? It's okay for tribes in madagascar to kill twin babies because their entitled to their beliefs aswell are they not? genital mutilation is okay because certain religions mandate it, and we must 'respect' their religion aswell, they just have a different world view ofcourse!
the sleep of reason brings forth monsters

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Yes i'm a literally and fundamentally unconvinced by the unsubstainsiated claim 'zues lives in the clouds above'. I'm curious to know if my circumstances of not being a zoologist makes me a militant non-zoologist aswell?
Are you an apologist to other religions aswell? It's okay for tribes in madagascar to kill twin babies because their entitled to their beliefs aswell are they not? genital mutilation is okay because certain religions mandate it, and we must 'respect' their religion aswell, they just have a different world view ofcourse!
the sleep of reason brings forth monsters
Such anger brother.

It's okay, I use to feel your frustrations, then I realised, how hateful are we becoming?

Someone drops the "God" word and you scream irrationality. Sure, I agree logically with you on most points, but when you step back and look at it from the peaceful theistic side, you see that you come across just as bad as the zealots you condemn.

Something like 86% of the world is religious- like it or not, you have to live with them. Since this is the only life we have (INSERT "subjectivism"), should we not strive to maximise friendships and good vibes with everyone we can?

Ask yourself, when was the last time living in Australia that a theist infringed upon your civil freedoms? Did they break in and burn your copy of "The God Delusion", have they stopped you buying condoms and having sex with your gf (or bf), is abortion available, did you learn evolution or creationism in school?

I'm getting to the point where I'm becoming extremely apathetic. Sure, I hold a naturalistic worldview- yet I still can't explain many things including the nature of human consciousness (perhaps its god?). We've evolved over a hundred thousand years as pattern seeking animals trying to make sense of our reality. We form perceptions (shaped through belief) as a critical survival function- otherwise how can we navigate this empty existence? People have various views. Many are fed to them, yes. Many go against logic and require "faith", yes. Many also feel comforted through these beliefs and it allows them to live authentically and congruent with their version of reality. Only a very small minority want to kill us (but so do people like Martin Bryant).

When you come to these realisations, you get to the point where none of it matters.

Calm down, have a cup of tea and find your life path.

Last edited:
HSC
Such anger brother.

It's okay, I use to feel your frustrations, then I realised, how hateful are we becoming?

Someone drops the "God" word and you scream irrationality. Sure, I agree logically with you on most points, but when you step back and look at it from the peaceful theistic side, you see that you come across just as bad as the zealots you condemn.

Something like 86% of the world is religious- like it or not, you have to live with them. Since this is the only life we have (INSERT "subjectivism"), should we not strive to maximise friendships and good vibes with everyone we can?

Ask yourself, when was the last time living in Australia that a theist infringed upon your civil freedoms? Did they break in and burn your copy of "The God Delusion", have they stopped you buying condoms and having sex with your gf (or bf), is abortion available, did you learn evolution or creationism in school?

I'm getting to the point where I'm becoming extremely apathetic. Sure, I hold a naturalistic worldview- yet I still can't explain many things including the nature of human consciousness (perhaps its god?). We've evolved over a hundred thousand years as pattern seeking animals trying to make sense of our reality. We form perceptions (shaped through belief) as a critical survival function- otherwise how can we navigate this empty existence? People have various views. Many are fed to them, yes. Many go against logic and require "faith", yes. Many also feel comforted through these beliefs and it allows them to live authentically and congruent with their version of reality. Only a very small minority want to kill us (but so do people like Martin Bryant).

When you come to these realisations, you get to the point where none of it matters.

Calm down, have a cup of tea and find your life path.
I agree with this 100%.

I'm agnostic, and I find it difficult sometimes not to judge someone simply because they tell me they're religious. But then I step back and remember that doing so does not put me on the side of 'enlightened', it shoves me firmly in the corner with the narrow-minded militants. We have to realise that to be religious does not mean to be a Bible-bashing, intolerant redneck, and that, for many people, religion is a beautiful thing, not the hate-filled brainwashing that gets so much coverage by the media.

HSC
N/A
How did you interpret my comments as 'angry' lol...it was written in a mocking tone..I was pointing out the flaws in his logic...reducto ad absurdium
None of what you said really applies to me, My thinking has gone well past these 'realisations' that you assert.
I totally agree with you about australia.....but you exude a certain naviety. If you ever actually go travelling to the middle east and some parts of asia, and venture outside suburbia, you will 'realise' just how disgusting 'true belief' is....one cannot merely 'respect' them and dismiss it because 'it doesnt matter', and assert that they're just trying to find 'their path' and 'vision of reality'.
Why would I be 'frustrated' with religous people?......their babyish delusions are to be expected if one understand evolution and neuroscience

Lentern

HSC
Then, you silly little mind-blank, explain how you know this statment to be true..

also, I'm not a communist...communists are much more like yourself, dumb serville infants who want their thoughts and actions to be commanded by some high power.

You can be a pathetic baby and say 'well I'm not forcing my views on others', but I'm calling you out them, justify whatever it is that lets you know the mind of 'god', or shut the f**k up.
If religion isn't for you so be it. I've never pretended christianity can be completely rationalised so you are asking me to defend a view I do not have. Now go away and read your Orwell.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
If religion isn't for you so be it. I've never pretended christianity can be completely rationalised so you are asking me to defend a view I do not have. Now go away and read your Orwell.
Disregard that person you quoted.
He is a fucking idiot and mistakes the Buddhist swastika of salvation for the Nazi swastika of fascism.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Oh come now even the clergy don't believe in limbo. He adores all his children with a love more powerful than you or I could ever imagine, he would refuse a child who sought to join him, even if his child took a while to come to that conclusion.

For all the ins and outs of he bible that is what stands tall above all else. He loves us and would like nothing more than for us to join him in the kingdom of heaven in perpetuity. So long as one is willing to love him and live with him how could such a benevolent, loving being deny them?
Limbo is now discredited yes, but purgatory is still alive and well.

But dear Lentern we are in total agreement about God's attitude to those who seek Him. I think we're also in some agreement about His attitude to those who naturally fulfill God's work without really being aware of it. But let's not pretend that God's crazy about those who know Him and utterly reject Him

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sure you do Cookie...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I am sir!

Documents exist proving this to be the case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)