TPC to Uni how and when to apply? (1 Viewer)

rawr11

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, so i was just reading the forums and found out a lot of people were doing TPC :headbang:. So i found out this would be a great place to get some help regarding university entry instead of having to look for a coordinator. I'm currently in my second semester in this course. So yeah heres my questions:

- How and when do we apply to uni for tpc?
- how are our final results marked for the uni entrance?
- Do i have to be 21 years old to be accepted (i turned 19 in April this year)?
- Do we need 80% attendance to pass?
- i studied digital media cert4 at another tafe last year but failed one module.. can the other competencies help me get into the course i want even though i didnt get the certificate?

Cheers for the help and greatly appreciated! :)

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, so i was just reading the forums and found out a lot of people were doing TPC :headbang:. So i found out this would be a great place to get some help regarding university entry instead of having to look for a coordinator. I'm currently in my second semester in this course. So yeah heres my questions:

- How and when do we apply to uni for tpc?
- how are our final results marked for the uni entrance?
- Do i have to be 21 years old to be accepted (i turned 19 in April this year)?
- Do we need 80% attendance to pass?
- i studied digital media cert4 at another tafe last year but failed one module.. can the other competencies help me get into the course i want even though i didnt get the certificate?

Cheers for the help and greatly appreciated! :)
It's best that you do ask a coordinator these questions and others, they'll be able to give up to the minute info and it'll be more in depth...

I finished my TPC in 2007, so some of this may be outdated:

TPC students apply for uni through UAC, but as a Non-school leaver.

Your three highest scoring B modules are scaled and form what is called a TES out of 300. UAC takes the TES and converts it to a UAI (you never find out the UAI though).

I finished the TPC when I was 19, so there is no age minimum. However, some universities have age requirements for TPC students. When I was applying (this is all I remember): USyd = 21 (some courses not offered to TPC applicants), UNSW: 20, UTS, UOW and Mac: 18, UWS and Uncle had no age requirement. This may have changed, so contact the universities admissions department to check.

When I was doing my TPC, 80% minimum attendance was required. You can have more time off for medical reasons (you need to supply a medical certificate). Honestly, it is best to attend as many classes as you can, you can fall behind quickly and it's good practice for uni where a lot of classes have 80% minimums as well.

When you enrol at TAFE, give them your old student number (the number stays with you for life), then request a recognition of prior learning form. Your old modules may count toward the TPC, if they are elective subjects of the TPC.

rawr11

HSC
N/A
It's best that you do ask a coordinator these questions and others, they'll be able to give up to the minute info and it'll be more in depth...

I finished my TPC in 2007, so some of this may be outdated:

TPC students apply for uni through UAC, but as a Non-school leaver.

Your three highest scoring B modules are scaled and form what is called a TES out of 300. UAC takes the TES and converts it to a UAI (you never find out the UAI though).

I finished the TPC when I was 19, so there is no age minimum. However, some universities have age requirements for TPC students. When I was applying (this is all I remember): USyd = 21 (some courses not offered to TPC applicants), UNSW: 20, UTS, UOW and Mac: 18, UWS and Uncle had no age requirement. This may have changed, so contact the universities admissions department to check.

When I was doing my TPC, 80% minimum attendance was required. You can have more time off for medical reasons (you need to supply a medical certificate). Honestly, it is best to attend as many classes as you can, you can fall behind quickly and it's good practice for uni where a lot of classes have 80% minimums as well.

When you enrol at TAFE, give them your old student number (the number stays with you for life), then request a recognition of prior learning form. Your old modules may count toward the TPC, if they are elective subjects of the TPC.
Thanks a lot your awesome :) yeh i think i'll have to go see the coordinators but problem is, they're not in their office most of the time i go by. Anyways i'll try again tomorow. Thanks again.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I know that problem all too well. I used to leave notes under their door, then when I got to know them better I'd just rock up at the class they taught haha. Have you enrolled yet? A lot of this info would be given out at infomation days or on enrollment day...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)