TPS assignment (1 Viewer)

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
hi guys - i'd really appreciate any help you can give me. I have an assessment with heaps of questions and i'm stuck on two of them:

describe how and why early TPS were batch systems and give a description of one such system.
- i get that its because of lack of access to technologies i.e. internet and networking what i don't get is HOW to answer the question...

describe the technological developments that allowed the implementation of real time TPS.
- ok so the technologies that allowed TPS to be developed are internet/satelite etc. but what allowed the implementation of real time TPS? Has that got anything to do with e-commerce.

really really really big thankyous to anyone who can give me ANY idea of what to do because i'm stuck!! like between and assessment and a due date :(

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Hint
Originally clerks (humans) performed many of the tasks performed now by a TPS
punch card system (hard cardboard sheets containing data that were fed into computer through a card reader in one operation until all read - the system would then process all data entered from cards - in a batch)
think of payroll system where you "bundy" on - punch a card into time clock

Originally computers were big expensive things that only highly trained people could use - so first you had to have a system that was suitable for your average company to run (do both numerical and alphabetical calculations) then you had to have the communication system (Internet)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)