Trading cadetship (1 Viewer)

Tonthat

HSC
Is there such a thing?
Or do I need to graduate before I get a job?

Fogell

HSC
its given by Merryl and UBS and i also think ABN amro but its only for Usyd or UNSW prospective undergrads, they don't specify for mac uni students but apply anyway around september

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Hi Fogell,

Do you mean Merrill Lynch??? Do they have offices in Australia? I could not find an Australia website for them.

And I couldn't find anything on the UBS website. Could you help please? thanks a million!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hi Fogell,

Do you mean Merrill Lynch??? Do they have offices in Australia? I could not find an Australia website for them.

And I couldn't find anything on the UBS website. Could you help please? thanks a million!
Dont worry, he's full of shit. No firm has a 'trading' cadetship. Tell me, would you want some pimply teenager running around on a trading floor annoying you? I dont think so...

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
hahah velox... i see!!! but do investment banks have any programs for first years?? i know they've got internships for penultimate year students, but not sure about first years.. any idea? thanks!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
hahah velox... i see!!! but do investment banks have any programs for first years?? i know they've got internships for penultimate year students, but not sure about first years.. any idea? thanks!
Not usually, since internships are usually used as a recruiting tool. UK Firms have a spring break program for 1st years (which does not involve going to mexico and getting drunk), but I dont think that will help you.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Not usually, since internships are usually used as a recruiting tool. UK Firms have a spring break program for 1st years (which does not involve going to mexico and getting drunk), but I dont think that will help you.
hahhaha

Yeah I read on JP Morgan's website that they offer the spring break program for 1st years in the UK and I sent them an email asking if anything like that existed in Australia.... and obviously I'm not going to get a reply (well I haven't yet and its been two weeks :jedi:)

Thanks for your help though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)