Train passes for those heading to uni in the city (1 Viewer)

Jerruy

HSC
For all those people heading to USYD, UNSW, and UTS (or the big 3 as a like to call them) in the city, which train pass is cheaper for you??? Does it work out more economical to pay the daily rate, weekly rate, monthly rate or whole year??

Or is the day tripper option the way to go??

Is there any other concessions for uni students besides the one given to students by city rail?? ie buy tickets from your uni for a cheaper amount.

biggie walls

HSC
goto the cityrail website for ticket prices and compare...

also for UNSW you need to consider bus fare (u can get a combined bus/train ticket)

p.s. you should also consider how often you use trains etc. on the weekends/outside of uni because with a weekly ticket you can travel most places within a certain area unlimited times 7 days a week

tennille

HSC
I was at uni five days a week and it cost me about $200 for a semester. That was just over $2 a return trip. I have to buy a flexipass for the whole year, now. It's going to cost me about $600. It's only worth it if you're going to uni five days a week.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i buy a weekly ticket if i'm going more than three days that week because it works out cheaper even though i rarely use the train on weekends. if i'm going less than that i just buy a return ticket every day.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
For UTS and USyd, train weekly ticket is the way to go. As long as you ae going for 3 days, it is cheaper (and less of a hassle) to buy a weekly ticket. If you're like me, you'll be running for your train everyday so a weekly ticket can be great :p Also, avoid buying your weekly ticket on a Monday morning (ie. start a cycle that doesn't begin on Monday). Also, buying a weekly ticket are 3pm gets you that day free (so it's like buying it the day after), so you get 8 days worth of a travel. Something to keep in mind.

For UNSW, if you have to catch a train and bus, then the TravelPass may be the way to go, especially if you are going for more than 3 days.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
yep TravelPass for UNSW if you are going more than days or you can get a travelten just for the bus if its less. enjoy the eddy avenue morning bus lines lol.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
HAY

How come we don't get concessions by default now? Has the average uni student suddenly got loads of money to fritter away on trains?

Shit adult fares are expensive!

ON topic: Generally I'd get a weekly because I'm afraid I'd lose a monthly/yearly pass.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Wait, what do you mean we don't get a concession card by default anymore? How do we get one then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)