Tranfers :confused: (1 Viewer)

What is your back-up plan if your UAI is too low?

• Transfer

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Mature aged entry

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Just stick with a lower course

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Give up

• Nah, I'll never get a score too low!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Tranfers

With my prospects transferring might be the only option ... but just how easy is it to transfer up to UAI wise higher courses? What sort of procedure is it. Does someone have to beleive you have the ability and then its done or is it as simple as just filling in a form? I need some serious info on this......

:confused: :confused:

And why is this site so American (spelling) or is that just the vB interface? Cos that shits me!

Last edited:

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Yeah, I transferred courses last year. Mm. You have to spend a charming $13 on another UAC Guide and fill in this completely ridiculous form and pay a transfer fee (haha, I did mine late and the fee was $99! BAH!).

Of course they take into consideration your marks, UAI and such, course demand. Some require that you write letters, fill out extra forms etc; but that depends on the uni.

Make sure you keep all your transcripts, assignments and course outlines so you can get a credit transfer.

T

tactic

Nah, they dont take into account your UAI, its 1 year full time study it would be all your uni marks

But if you get a low UAI which i did (i got 74.1) for my HSC got into B. Comp Sci at uws then transfered into UTS.. once my uni marks were converted to a UAI i had like 94-95 or something like that for my UAI :rolleyes:

snow bum

Banned
Originally posted by tactic
Nah, they dont take into account your UAI, its 1 year full time study it would be all your uni marks
Your UAI still counts for most transfer courses, your course must be different because for everything else I've seen there is usually a weighting placed on both Uni marks and UAI, often 50/50.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jumbo Cactuar
And why is this site so American (spelling) or is that just the vB interface? Cos that shits me!
It's just the vB interface. :D

Kittycat

HSC
If I didn't get enough UAI to get in to what I want, I'll stick with a lower course then apply again as a mature age student

Generator

HSC
N/A
Why not just try and find a good job? That is always an option.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Yeah. I'll end up trying to transfer.
Its hard for me to do a course when i know i want to do another one.

James Dean

The oldest join date here
HSC
N/A

But if you get a low UAI which i did (i got 74.1) for my HSC got into B. Comp Sci at uws then transfered into UTS.. once my uni marks were converted to a UAI i had like 94-95 or something like that for my UAI :rolleyes:
Geez, i didnt even know that uni marks could scale your uai that high, but pretty bloody good though. What was your GPA when you were at uws?

Morgues

so if you have studied 1 full year your uai does not count at all?
What if your uai was higher then the course you are trying to transfer to

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by snow bum
Your UAI still counts for most transfer courses, your course must be different because for everything else I've seen there is usually a weighting placed on both Uni marks and UAI, often 50/50.
nah morgues, snow bum is right .. i talked to a 'career's counsellor' (..) at uni today and she said that they take into account both UAi and uni marks when u transfer, cept it's not exactly 50/50, and theres all sorts of weird scaling and bllshit involved

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It just so happened that the admissions office at UTS dealing with the course Mark transferred to didn't use his UAI. :)

In general though, they convert your GPA to a UAI-equivalent and average it with your UAI.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Can you choose to apply for a transfer using just your UAI?
For example, a person gets 95 but misses out on a course by .05. After 1 year, the cut-off might have lowered by .1 so the person could get in. Its sort of like repeating Year 12 but wasting that year in Uni while you wait till the cut-off drops.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by deyveed
Can you choose to apply for a transfer using just your UAI?
For example, a person gets 95 but misses out on a course by .05. After 1 year, the cut-off might have lowered by .1 so the person could get in.
No - once you've begun a degree, you're no longer a recent school leaver. If you deferred or took a year off or something along those lines, then you could.

SoFTuaRiaL

if u want a transfer at the end of first yr, the uai counts for only 50% of what they are looking for. the other 50% is ur mark in th first yr of what u did. as long as u do reasonably well in ur first yr, the transfer shouldnt be a problem (depending on how close ur uai is to the cut-off)

toisthbe

Evil Member
say, u did bad in hsc around 80UAI..
u did a course that is kinda related to a course which is 90UAI

u want to transfer to 90UAI, and u did realy well in the 80 course...say.. top 5....

possible?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
toisthbe - very possible, you could probably even get away with just over a credit average.

SoFTuaRiaL

SERIOUS ???? is that for all courses though? irrespective of the cut-off? i mean, for instance, would it be possible for me to transfer to commlaw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)