Transcripts and interviews help!! (1 Viewer)

kcluk

How to write good transcripts and interviews.....
my problem is that i can't lengthen the response.....even though i know my material well, i just cant elaborate...i tihnk its because that you have to write a question for the other party to answer.....this limits my length....any ways to improve...
and is there any similarities to other text types such as essays and speeches?
thnx for assitance

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i dont understand what u mean by 'limiting ur length'. can u write an essay on this topic? if so, then u should be able to write an interview transcript. think about what u need 2 show the marker u know, then write a question that reflects the point ur trying to make. try to avoid really short questions by the interviewer than very long slabs of response by the interviewee - the markers arent stupid, they'll see that ur basically just re-writing out an essay.
try to keep the answers to the questios short. use leading questions. there's nothing wrong with having the interviewer interrpting to give a qualifying statement like 'So what ur saying is that...' or having them give information and have the interviewee respond to it, such as 'Some have criticised your work for what they term your 'anti-christian, nihilist stance'. What would your response to these people be?' etc.
hope that helped.

kcluk

thnx anyway.....

but i think the prob is...i just cant come out with all these questions to ask....
and if the text type isnt interview...say arguement between a friend on institutions....then its realli hard to convey the ideas in an arguement....

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
they don;t have to be really great, witty comments. remember, the interviewer doesn't have to always ask questions, they can interrupt to qualify or just make statements and ask how the person would respond.
if all else fails, just decide what you need the interviewee to say to reveal your knowledge of the text and turn it into a question. for example, you want to talk about Wordsworth's views on religion, you say "Modern critics commonly cite your work as evidence of a pantheistic outlook in the Romantic period. Do you feel this is an accurate reflection of your work?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)