Transfer during 2nd Semester (1 Viewer)

stephenchow

HSC
Im currently at UNSW studying Commerce/ Science and for a few reasons I wish to transfer to UTS doing Business/ Laws during the 2nd semester.

Now, is this even possible at all?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yes, if you had the UAI for it
if not, then wait till the end of the year, where they will take into consideration, your UAI, first year tertiary results and an optional personal statement
i think i replied to a similiar post to this in the other thread you created.

P

pLuvia

The UAI cut offs for mid-year transfers tend to be really high, as they give out very little offers during that period

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
stephenchow said:
Is it possible for them just to take my 1st Semester results?
from what i heard, the first semester uni results are released just after the deadline for mid semester transfers, so like pluvia said, UAI tends to be really high, so your best bet would be to wait till the end of the year.

stephenchow

HSC
jemsta said:
from what i heard, the first semester uni results are released just after the deadline for mid semester transfers, so like pluvia said, UAI tends to be really high, so your best bet would be to wait till the end of the year.
Just got an email, saying that UTS doesnt accept tranfers during 2nd semester for combined degrees.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ahh, but i guess your best bet would be to wait until the end of the year anyways imo
im sure youll get there in the end if you do well
good luck

stephenchow

HSC
Musk said:
ok this is what you can try

you can apply to UAC for B Business and then at the END Of the yr u can apply to pick up law so that as ur going tho the business degree ur not losing as much time compared being at unsw
Thing is, what if I dont make it to Law next year. Then Im just stuck with B.Business which i dont want.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you just want to do law, why cant you just apply for the law single degree instead of doing a double?

stephenchow

HSC
Will they have a look at both my UAI and tertiary marks the following year if i want to combine Law and Business (if i do get into law this 2nd semester) or is it automatic that I get into Business as well since I got the UAI already?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
law and business= one program, so if you want to transfer to that, they will indeed look at both your UAI and tertiary marks
and no, if you just transfer into law, you wont automatically be granted entry to business if you have the uai for it
either transfer to law itself, or transfer to law/business

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)