Transfer from B Ecos to Combined Law Degree (1 Viewer)

Danmiff

HSC
So, i was wonderin whether it was possible to do a year in the Economics course at Syd, and then transfer across to a combined Ecos/Law degree?

if it is, then what sorta marks do i need to get in the first year to make the jump across. i heard they combine uni marks with your ATAR, but i got no idea about the actual figures

cheers all :D

rx34

HSC
Yes it is. I transferred from a commerce course to a combined law course. My GPA was 6.25, ATAR 95.1. Good luck.

rx34

HSC
Oh I must add they recommend a UAI of 96 and a distinction average. They either look at your UAI/GPA combo or GPA alone. I was extremely fortunate.

How can I transfer?

You can apply for a transfer after at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) tertiary study. Students with more than one full-time year of tertiary study are still eligible to apply. Entry will be based on 50 per cent UAI and 50 per cent tertiary grade point average in your first year of study or 100 per cent tertiary grade point average. Experience suggests you require at least a Distinction average in your tertiary study and a UAI or equivalent over 96 in order for your application to be competitive. Applicants who have completed less than one year of tertiary study will be assessed on their UAI only.

It is possible to transfer from a Combined Law program at another institution and complete the program at Sydney Law School in five years. Please note, however, that the requirements of the degree with which you are combining your Law studies may mean that in some circumstances completion exceeds five years. You must apply through UAC.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Woah ok so what does a GPA of 6.25 convert to? I was told we needed roughly a first year average of 75, is that right?

rx34

HSC
Woah ok so what does a GPA of 6.25 convert to? I was told we needed roughly a first year average of 75, is that right?
For me, a GPA of 6.25 converts to:

3 high distinctions
4 distinctions
1 credit

GPA at USyd:
7= High Distinction
6= Distinction
5= Credit

If you want the university to look at your ATAR/GPA combo, a high credit average (GPA of 5+) would suffice for high ATARs like 99.00+. If you have a lower ATAR, you need at least a minimum distinction average. One of my mates also had a GPA of 6.25 yet she didn't make it into USyd law.

Anyway, USyd doesn't care about WAMs (only Monash looks at WAMs) only GPAs. So if you get a 74 in a subject, GG, they still will count it as a credit. Good luck mate.

ttcleary

HSC
yea Im also gona start ecos this year and wona transfer, i got 99.5, so even if i get credits ill be sweet?

KarmaKitten

HSC
yea Im also gona start ecos this year and wona transfer, i got 99.5, so even if i get credits ill be sweet?
Why would you be? When there will be others trying to transfer with HD and Distinction marks.

I think higher expectations will be placed on your university marks. You should be aiming quite high as credits aren't really hard to get as long as you put in some effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)