transfer from B Science to B Health Science? (1 Viewer)

FeelBare

HSC
Hey there~ I was just hoping if I could get some advice about transferring externally.

Initially it had been decided that if I got a UAI less than 89 which was the 2006 cut-off for B Applied Science (Medical Radiation Science) - Diagnostic Radiography (USYD) then I'd do B Health Sciences (USYD) with a UAI cut-off of 77.10 and after a year, wound up in Radiography.

The thing is I didn't meet the cut-off with a UAI of 75.60 *huff* and now I'm wondering if it is possible to do a B Science at (UNSW) with the UAI cut-off of 73 and transfer to B Health Sciences in USYD (Are we looking at C Average? or D Average? or HD Average? :confused: ). I don't really understand all that business about CP and stuff, but would choosing B Science still be relatively similiar enough to Health Sciences transfer externally in a year's time?

This is going to take so much longer because I missed the cut-off for Health Sciences >.<!

Is it possible to be made an offer in the Late Round even with a UAI that is 1.5 points below the cut-off?!

The cut-off for B Health Sciences seems to be on the rise:
UAI Cut-off (2005) 75.25 (yay!)
UAI Cut-off (2006) 77.10 :)eek: )

Is there any other route for me to get into Health Sciences??! :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated~

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
A Credit average would probably be good enough to get you a transfer. Some of the first year units, like Biology, would be similar enough that you I'd be surprised if they didn't give you credit for studying them.

hotpot

HSC
So the story is, u wanto go from Bsci to BHealthSci and then wound up radiography?
Why dont you just go straight from Bsci to radiography? thats still allowed.

A credit+ average should get u the transfer to BhealthSci and maybe even radiography :D.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
FeelBare said:
Hey there~ I was just hoping if I could get some advice about transferring externally.

Initially it had been decided that if I got a UAI less than 89 which was the 2006 cut-off for B Applied Science (Medical Radiation Science) - Diagnostic Radiography (USYD) then I'd do B Health Sciences (USYD) with a UAI cut-off of 77.10 and after a year, wound up in Radiography.

The thing is I didn't meet the cut-off with a UAI of 75.60 *huff* and now I'm wondering if it is possible to do a B Science at (UNSW) with the UAI cut-off of 73 and transfer to B Health Sciences in USYD (Are we looking at C Average? or D Average? or HD Average? :confused: ). I don't really understand all that business about CP and stuff, but would choosing B Science still be relatively similiar enough to Health Sciences transfer externally in a year's time?

This is going to take so much longer because I missed the cut-off for Health Sciences >.<!

Is it possible to be made an offer in the Late Round even with a UAI that is 1.5 points below the cut-off?!

The cut-off for B Health Sciences seems to be on the rise:
UAI Cut-off (2005) 75.25 (yay!)
UAI Cut-off (2006) 77.10 :)eek: )

Is there any other route for me to get into Health Sciences??! :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated~
id rkcn you'll get health science if not in main, in late round offer. from past experience i had a few friends with high 70s getting into b sci at usyd ( i know its a different degree than wat u want, but same ideas apply, the cut off may not be '
the cut off' they got it in main round aswell. so hold on there.

if you dont get b health science, and end up at unsw doing sci, then a high pass average should be more than enough to get you into health science, a credit may even get you into diagnostics. check up on one of the threads in transfers, theres a file on one of the stickies that show you wat certain averages give you in terms of non recent school leavers cutoff aka NRSL.

alternatively, complete a health science / science degree and do masters in radiations. ^^ which will need a 70% avg.

FeelBare

HSC
*GASP!!!!!!!!*

That's the best news I've recieved after the bad news of UAI release. THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS <333 It'll be excellent if I didn't have to waste an extra year doing B Science or transferring externally and just get into B Health Sciences!

Densuki, that's great! B Science's at USYD had a cutoff of 82 in 2006 and your friends got in with a 2-6 points difference! I read the sticky about transferring, the NRSL cut-off is considerably higher than the UAI cut-off... I figured that even achieving a selection rank of 96 *plausible?* and with my UAI, I still wouldn't pass the cut-off required for NRSL to transfer from B Science to Diagnostic Radiography...

i.e. (75.60 + 96) / 2 = 85.8
(Diagnostic Radiography, in 2006, had a cut-off of 89)

Transferring is still confusing =/

Fingers crossed for Late Round offers anyhow~

Would anyone know how Main Round offers and Late Round offers work? For example, not accepting an offer made in the Main Round and waiting until Late Round, does that make the offer made in the Main Round void? Would I just have to stick with whatever offer I get in the Late Round? =X

Last edited:

hotpot

HSC
I dunno the technical terms... but for a transferring student, the cutoff is lower than for a HSC student. From my experience in radiography, I have heard of students transferring from nuclear med or radio therapy into radiography with a high pass or even with one fail subject.

FeelBare said:
I figured that even achieving a selection rank of 96 *plausible?* and with my UAI, I still wouldn't pass the cut-off required for NRSL to transfer from B Science to Diagnostic Radiography...

i.e. (75.60 + 96) / 2 = 85.8
(Diagnostic Radiography, in 2006, had a cut-off of 89)
I have heard that Bsci is a very easy subject (according to friends who happens to have the science background and ubber high uai's).. but to achieve a gpa of 6.0 would require from hard work... just a word of warning. But as Densuki has said, a C average sounds good enough to get in.

Merry Christmas and GL everyone! :santa:

FeelBare

HSC
A very Merry Christmas to you too, hotpot!

Heeeello, radiography o_O

Thanks for all your helpful input, guys!

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
I dont know where you heard about NRSL cut off to be higher, from what ive read around, its rare to find a NRSL cut off Higher than UAI cut off. of course courses like law n such, where you can only transfer after first year or do post grad, it can be seen why the cut offs are higher in that respect, but courses like MRS with cut off ranging in the 80s, it will be hard to imagine it being any higher than its UAI counterpart. as for the offer rounds, im not to clear, but from what i remember, after i recieved my main round offer, i put the offerd course down at 9, and re arranaged my top 8 according to what places where vacant ( check uac or newspaper for the 'V' entailing vancancies. and you will go through the same process, but remember, ACCEPT MAIN ROUND OFFER NO MATTER WHAT COURSE IT IS, DONT BET UR LIFE ON THE LATE ROUND!, if u do get a late round offer, you can always accept that and decline the first one, fairly simple process, check uac's website, im sure theres more info on it. ( sorry im a 05er 4got most of these stuff)

Merry xmas and a happy new year to all. ho ho ho!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)