transfer from BEconomics (1 Viewer)

Calubin

HSC
I am a first year doing BEc at the moment. Is it possible to transfer to BCom/BArts next year?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Politik you can't major in finance with economics if that's what your subtitle is saying.

rand0m3r

HSC
what happened to infs politik? i guess i was right all along...

bshoc

HSC
N/A
sunjet said:
Politik you can't major in finance with economics if that's what your subtitle is saying.
Ugh yes you can, double major anyway.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
politik said:
Well for Economics after first year its the 50/50 thing, but afterwards its more skewed towards Tertiary results.
Actually, the FCE take the higher of UAI or tertiary marks (this was confirmed by the student centre last year)

Incidently, I transferred from B.Ec in 1st year to B.Comm in 2nd year with a distinction average (GPA 6.0)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Minai said:
Actually, the FCE take the higher of UAI or tertiary marks (this was confirmed by the student centre last year)

Incidently, I transferred from B.Ec in 1st year to B.Comm in 2nd year with a distinction average (GPA 6.0)
I tried to coax some info out of them the other day, but they were rather reluctant to tell (they claimed they didn't know).

rand0m3r

HSC
what measures are in place to prevent retards from studying a meagre 12uoc and hence getting a higher GPA (and better chance of transfer) than if they took the normal load like a man?

dan_viper88

HSC
Minai said:

Hi, just out of curiosity cause im lookn to do the same thing what was ur UAI. Mine was 89.85 what do ya think my chances are?

phrred

HSC
i transferred from arts to comm/arts with WAM 70 UAI 85.6 last yr

ace

is retired
HSC
dan_viper88 said:
Hi, just out of curiosity cause im lookn to do the same thing what was ur UAI. Mine was 89.85 what do ya think my chances are?
Make sure your GPA is >= 6.0 (That is distinction average or higher)

Otherwise the 89.xx UAI for commerce won't cut it.

Edit: I don't know the B. Eco UAI, just get high marks :)

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow... Don't BEco do similar subjects to BComm?... man, I'm finding it tough getting D's so it must be tough to get a transfer.

rand0m3r

HSC
politik said:
:D :D :D So I finally transferred, but i'll need to do it again next year (since I want to do a Commerce major to honours, not an Economics one).
1) what happened to info sys? i thought you were with it through and through
2) how did UAC let such a half-wit through? well, if a friend with 50 UAI from la trobe and another friend with 60 UAI doing arts@unsw both transferred to commerce this yr, i guess anything goes eh?
3) looks like u're gonna be stuck at uni for a long, long time.

ace

is retired
HSC
politik said:
:D :D :D So I finally transferred, but i'll need to do it again next year (since I want to do a Commerce major to honours, not an Economics one).
Don't jump the gun, see if you like economics first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)