Transfer from Macq B Com/Law into UTS B Com/Law (1 Viewer)

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
I've just transferred from my first year at UWS doing B Com/Law into Macquarie B Com/Law and I was was wondering if it was possible to transfer again into UTS to do the same degree for my third year.

I know UNSW doesn't allow transfers for law after a full year of tertiary study so that ruled that option out so I was pretty interested in UTS.

rajputsingh

HSC
You should have just applied for UTS in the first place. A lot of people I know got into UTS who did worse then me! I got 91.3 and had a GPA of 5.5 so it wasn't that hard getting into that either. Anyway, MacQ in my opinion is better then UTS (I know I haven't started at MacQ however I've had siblings do law at MacQ and friends doing it at UTS). The only question should be the Com degree but MacQ seems to have a decent degree in comparison to the crap at UWS.

Last edited:

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
How did you both do your HSC last year and transfer from first year Law?

I'm confused.
Lol, Karma this was originally my account. I lent it to my cousin for his 2009 HSC year. I did my HSC in 08' .

To explain a few things : I did my HSC in 08, got an 86 UAI , I got into UWS B Com/Law and have finished my first year there. I applied through UAC to transfer into Com/Law at USYD, UNSW, UTS and Macq. Macquarie was the only university to give me an offer, so I transferred this year to do my 2nd year of Com/Law there.

I know that USYD and UNSW don't allow students to transfer into Com/Law if they have completed more than 1 year full time tertiary study. So those options are automatically out. So that's why I was wondering if UTS would allow a student who has completed more than 1 year full time tertiary study to transfer into Com/Law at UTS. I've searched their webpage pretty thoroughly but I haven't found anything pertaining to the matter.

rx34

HSC
Hey hun, USyd allows you to transfer even after second year. So you can try to transfer as well.

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
What was your GPA if you don't mind me asking?
I know late reply ;) I don't mind at all, I got a GPA of 4.6/7 for the whole first year. I had a 5.5 GPA for just first semester but 2nd sem dragged me down.

Hey hun, USyd allows you to transfer even after second year. So you can try to transfer as well.
Thanks Rx, I didn't know that so I'll definitely look in to it. Do they look at purely GPA or do they look at 50% + UAI 50% GPA? and do they look at the GPA of the two years of tertiary study I've done as an average or just my second year GPA in isolation?

Also does anybody know what kind of GPA I would need to maintain to transfer into either UTS or USYD?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)