Transfer from WSU to UNSW/USYD (1 Viewer)

magicgate3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Everyone,

I have been given a delighted offer of studying B Business/B Laws at WSU through their True Reward Program, however I was hoping to work in the IBD especially in one of the bulge brackets. From my knowledge and individuals who work within the industry simply said "WSU won't give you the best chance, if you want to be a 6 figure analyst as a graduate". I was hoping to know what marks and what would be needed to transfer to USYD/UNSW B Commerce/B Laws as apparently they have better connections to the IBD and "up-to 90%" of the IBD are graduates from the respective business schools of USYD and UNSW.

Cheers

quickoats

HSC
If you want to "upgrade" (go into a course with a higher ATAR) you generally have to do 1 year of full time uni (8 units).

For USyd it would be purely marks based so they'd look at your GPA or ATAR, whichever is higher. The ATAR cutoff is like 99.5 which would be about a 6.75? GPA (6HDs 2Ds).

UNSW uses the LAT so if you have a good LAT score then your GPA/ATAR can be a bit lower. UNSW does look at your ATAR for law according to this https://www.law.unsw.edu.au/internal-program-transfer

If you really want to do USyd/UNSW law, then apply for 2021 entry, and if you don't get in any of the offer rounds then you can think ahead.

One more thing: do you care about RPL (recognition of prior learning)? For some transfers, you can reduce the length of your future study as they'll credit your previous study e.g. you've done 1 year of law so you'll only need to do 4 more at the new uni. However, sometimes RPL is not granted so you'll have to do the full degree. I took a look at the WSU degree structure and it's a bit confusing - you can have a look at it to see if anything matches up - but worst case scenario, you don't get RPL and you take 6 years to get your degree (which is perfectly fine - you have a super long life ahead of you).

Looking at your other posts, you seem to live on the North Shore. Have you applied for MQ early entry? MQ first year course codes (well in the business school anyway) are very clear and line up quite nicely with UNSW - they have different names and numbers but should be credited e.g. ACST1001 = FINS1613, AFIN1002 = FINS1612, ACST1052 = ACTL1101 etc.

magicgate3

HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to "upgrade" (go into a course with a higher ATAR) you generally have to do 1 year of full time uni (8 units).

For USyd it would be purely marks based so they'd look at your GPA or ATAR, whichever is higher. The ATAR cutoff is like 99.5 which would be about a 6.75? GPA (6HDs 2Ds).

UNSW uses the LAT so if you have a good LAT score then your GPA/ATAR can be a bit lower. UNSW does look at your ATAR for law according to this https://www.law.unsw.edu.au/internal-program-transfer

If you really want to do USyd/UNSW law, then apply for 2021 entry, and if you don't get in any of the offer rounds then you can think ahead.

One more thing: do you care about RPL (recognition of prior learning)? For some transfers, you can reduce the length of your future study as they'll credit your previous study e.g. you've done 1 year of law so you'll only need to do 4 more at the new uni. However, sometimes RPL is not granted so you'll have to do the full degree. I took a look at the WSU degree structure and it's a bit confusing - you can have a look at it to see if anything matches up - but worst case scenario, you don't get RPL and you take 6 years to get your degree (which is perfectly fine - you have a super long life ahead of you).

Looking at your other posts, you seem to live on the North Shore. Have you applied for MQ early entry? MQ first year course codes (well in the business school anyway) are very clear and line up quite nicely with UNSW - they have different names and numbers but should be credited e.g. ACST1001 = FINS1613, AFIN1002 = FINS1612, ACST1052 = ACTL1101 etc.
Yeah I have applied for MQ SRS, but unfortunately offers come after the HSC I have a week off currently, I'm just asserting what needs to be done for next year and where my head should be going. WSU offered me 4 weeks ago, obviously if MQ comes in with an offer that'll be quite good and I think I would be adamant in accepting it.

Thanks for the info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)