Transfer internally or do course at lower university? (1 Viewer)

Ballinnn

HSC
So im kinda keen on doing economics at unsw or usyd, however my atar(estimate) is just under 90. Should i go to Maq and do a economics double degree there or try and transfer from a lower course to economics in a year? Also is it hard to transfer internally between universities?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
i would do a single and then transfer. Not sure how difficult it is though.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
So im kinda keen on doing economics at unsw or usyd, however my atar(estimate) is just under 90. Should i go to Maq and do a economics double degree there or try and transfer from a lower course to economics in a year? Also is it hard to transfer internally between universities?
If I were you I'd rather do economics at Macquarie University. Why? Because for example if you screw up a "lower course" at for example UNSW, then you won't be able to transfer and then you may be stuck with a course you don't really like. That's just my intake on it, but do whatever you want.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If I were you I'd rather do economics at Macquarie University. Why? Because for example if you screw up a "lower course" at for example UNSW, then you won't be able to transfer and then you may be stuck with a course you don't really like. That's just my intake on it, but do whatever you want.
I would advocate this approach as well.

OP, if you were going to study something other than Economics at UNSW, what would that be?

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
do a bachelor of arts at usyd majoring in economics. problem solved

Ballinnn

HSC
Fair enough,but that could hinder my future job prospects?

Um... I was hoping arts and then a transfer

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Fair enough,but that could hinder my future job prospects?

Um... I was hoping arts and then a transfer
If the university is what's differentiating you from other applicants, then you have a serious problem so no.

so_what

HSC
ATAR for Economics at UNSW is what 93? You would also get bonus points on your atar, so you may still get in. Leave it in first place and see what happens.

THE BEAST

HSC
N/A
Hi guys.
I am currently studying a Bachelor of Science in Applied chemistry at UTS. I am planning to transfer either through UAC to a Bachelor of Business at UTS or to Usyd or Macquarie for Commerce.
I have also applied through Internal course transfer which is my preferred option to add on the Bachelor of Business at UTS onto my current degree.
My grades are ok I guess but I am a bit worried I wont get in as I have a current WAM of 64 where they recommend a minimum WAM of 65.
Can anybody tell me whether or not I will be allowed in either through UAC or Internally ?
Anyone who has done this previously or something similar to this please help.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)