• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transfer into Bachelor of Economics UNSW (1 Viewer)

Ascension

HSC
Hello everyone, I'm currently a first year student enrolled in Bachelor of Aviation (management), did not put nearly as much effort in preparation for the HSC as I should of, but I'm willing to work hard this year in order to qualify for Internal Program Transfer into Bachelor of Economics next year. The required WAM for IPT is 70 and I hope fellow students who have previous experiences with transfers and such can give me an insight into the feasibility of transferring into economics, because first year entry seems very competitive and would that also be the case for second year transfers? I'm currently undertaking Math1031, Econ1101, Phys1141 and a core Aviation course. So far the Economics seems manageable but the matrices in maths are kinda giving me a hard time, so if anyone could tell me the general difficulty of the subjects I'm studying and the possibility of 70 WAM given I am willing to put in the work for it that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Alkanes

HSC
If you're planning to transfer into economics, you should be doing electives related to economics imo.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're planning to transfer into economics, you should be doing electives related to economics imo.
Yeah, pretty much this. You might want to change before the census date so you don't have to pay for it. (OR if you're planning on doing just the single eco degree, you can keep what you have now and then they will be your gen ed courses)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
70 should be easy enough if you do the work.

Also economics gets quite mathematical at later stages, so if you're struggling with matrices now... really work on your maths.

Ascension

HSC
Thanks so much for replies guys, so my current courses are okay to go ahead with? Yea need to put in more work for Math definitely, I tried to get more electives related to Eco but microeconomics 1 and Math are the only ones i can do that's related somewhat :/.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
MATH1031 isn't even close, you should be doing MATH1131 or MATH1141 to get up to speed with what you're going to need in second year courses, or higher - in terms of mathematical maturity. I don't think 1031 cuts it.

Also MATH1031 is Maths for Life Sciences, why did you pick that subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)