Transfer/Major combo (1 Viewer)

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Hey everyone... im planning to transfer to business next year, got the uai required and cause im doing less than 8 subjects they assess based on uai. Also, the uni said i am eligible for the special admissions scheme. I really enjoy marketing/advertisement work as oppossed to financial/mathematical subjects.... would a combination of marketing/advertising and promotions be better suited than say a commerce degree at unsw with just marketing? Please no bias cause this is a big decision. By the way, ive heard very positive feedback about the uts business program. I know i have posted in the transfer thread but just to clarrify, 95.05 and 5.75 gpa (if they look) should get me in right? Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

melonkitten

HSC
tehsky said:
Hey everyone... im planning to transfer to business next year, got the uai required and cause im doing less than 8 subjects they assess based on uai. Also, the uni said i am eligible for the special admissions scheme. I really enjoy marketing/advertisement work as oppossed to financial/mathematical subjects.... would a combination of marketing/advertising and promotions be better suited than say a commerce degree at unsw with just marketing? Please no bias cause this is a big decision. By the way, ive heard very positive feedback about the uts business program. I know i have posted in the transfer thread but just to clarrify, 95.05 and 5.75 gpa (if they look) should get me in right? Any help would be very greatly appreciated.
combos like in street fighter?

i personally like to use akuma.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I suggest transferring in and doing the marketing major
however u'll find that the advertising major overlaps with some subjects
take a look at the handbook which is available at handbook.uts.edu.au

I am currently doing the marketing major
i personally recommend marketing as it gives you options
the advertising major is just set subjects.

good luck with the decision and transfer!

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Thanks heaps for the reply, appreciate it. From previous responses and advice my chances seem relatively high of getting in and at this stage im pretty set on uts. Marketing looks good and i thought advertising is a good complement, but perhaps management/hrm is also good to combine with it. So many choices... marketing and 2 sub majors even.. see what happens.

UTSBusLaw

Student Services
HSC
You should take a look at the structure of the B Business @ http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/courses/c10026.html#F17

You may want to take into consideration doing an Advertising and Promotions Management or Marketing Major and electing to do a Sub-Major with 4 electives to fast track your degree. Assuming you have completed some subjects in your current undergraduate degree, you could apply for 4 unspecified elective exemptions to reduce the duration of your course. You could potentially use the time saved from your exemptions to complete a Grad Cert after your B Bus. What undergraduate course are currently studying?

Oh and UAC will look at both your UAI and your university results. Your university results reflect more truly on your ability to handle tertiary studies.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)