Transfer Q's (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
its the same time i think....on time applications close on 30th, then you would have to pay late fees
however, for non leaving yr 12 students, some courses have a deadline by 30th sept

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
leeam said:
hey guys

I'm looking to transfer from an Arts degree to an Education degree. My ENTER (like UAI) was 85, last year, and in 1st semester I got a GPA of 6.25 (2 HDs, 1 D and 1 C). Do you think I have a chance?
what was the UAI for education?
your UAi and GPA looks pretty good, but just wait till you finish your second semester to see whether your GPA will go up or down

tkfkd

HSC
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask something. I got UAI of low 60s so I'm looking to transfer from UWS Information Technology course (cutoff of 61 UAI, so hopefully if I get in) to either Macquarie IT Courses (cut-off of 75 UAI) or UTS IT courses (cut-off of 80 UAI) after 1 year. So I was wondering how likely/unlikely that my transfer would succeed (Say I do well in UWS, what are my chances of transferring?). If it is near impossible, I rather make different choices.

Thanks in advance and hope someone answer this question asap. :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
get a D average at least and youre in with a good chance

hellomike

HSC
Credit Average is enough and especially if you apply for something like Bsc I.T / Professional Practice, the course isn't in very high demand. Plus that with a personal statement and your good to go.

lDoHl

HSC
Is it feasible to transfer to a combined degree after 2nd year? Or is post grad the more practical option?

HSC
What about some1 with a uai in low 60's and wanting to go into engineering at unsw, or uts.
i mean even with a D or HD average theres no chance of me getting in.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Preditor.89.N7G said:
What about some1 with a uai in low 60's and wanting to go into engineering at unsw, or uts.
i mean even with a D or HD average theres no chance of me getting in.
nothing is ever impossible
if you get a D average + a personal statement or whatever criteria uts enginnering has to give you points, then yeah that would be possible
eg, say you get 62 for your UAI and a d average
62+96/2= 79
do a good personal statement, questionaire, you get another 5 points
so there you wouldve recieved an offer from uts
simple as that
so basically, you can get into almost anything, provided you study really hard and get good grades

tkfkd

HSC
Say, what are my chances of getting into the following courses if I avg. Distinction or above. I got 61.05 UAI. I know it's probably impossible but I'm going to try really hard to get in if there is even a little chance. BTW, is it possible for me to transfer from UWS IT to UNSW Eng? Or does it have to be IT - IT transfer? If it is IT- IT transfer, do you start from first year IT even when you've done UWS IT First year?

UNSW
B Eng (Comp) B Sc (Comp Sc) 85.00
B Sc (Info Sys) B Sc (BIT) 85.00

UTS
B Sc IT Dip IT Prof Prac 80.00
B Eng ICT (Swre) Dip Eng Prac 85.00

Sydney Uni
B Eng (Software Eng) 86.80
B Information Technology 96.60

Thank you in advance and I really appreciate you guys help.

wyho

HSC
N/A
B Sc IT Dip IT Prof Prac 80.00

you will need a D avg to be competitive for this course.
this one is possible:
61 +96 /2 = 78.5 (this is not uai, its some nrsl index)

usually this index thing is a little bit under the uai cutoff. good luck

Last edited:
HSC
lDoHl said:
Is it feasible to transfer to a combined degree after 2nd year? Or is post grad the more practical option?
I would like to know the answer to this question too.
Except I'm trying to transfer from a combined 4-year degree to a 3-year single degree.
I only have a pass average so far with one credit, want to do internal transfer to business at UTS and my UAI is around 78.20.
Should I just wait till the end of year to transfer in order to possibly get a credit average instead of doing mid-yr transfer or should I just not bother at all because my 1st year marks have just been a pass average so far? Would I need a credit average or distinction average?
Also what marks would I need to transfer into BCommerce at UNSW/USYD?

Last edited:

korrupt samurai

Sneaker Addict
HSC
sup!, i was wondering what would be an easier way to transfer to
"b business and b computing" @ UTS (CSP Cutoff 84uai),

1.)do an internal transfer via engineering (ICT)@ UTS

OR

2)Transfer out from B Business and commerce @ UWS (parra)

how does an "internal transfer" and "transfer from uni to uni" differ?

like for internal do they take only the GPA (or whatever they use to calculate your credit average (sorry im new to all this UNI stuff ;S)) into consideration to be considered into my wanted course.

and in regards to a normal transfer do they calculate using both your uai and your GPA together to determine if you get the course or not?

i don't know I'm confused ;S ( oww yeah this is in regards to end of year 1 transfer, not Midyearly transfer)

Last edited:
HSC
I got a VIC ENTER of 92.00 in 2006 and got into Law/Science at Deakin University. I am not taking any law units in 2007. (Subs are Biol, Psych, Stats, and Physics for the life sciences in semester 2). What sort of average would I need to transfer to a course like BioMed at Melbourne University, or something like Medical Radiations at RMIT? Or even just Science at Melbourne. The only reason I couldn't get into Melbourne was the fact I didn't do Methods or Spesh.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Hey guys, any idea for a 2006 uai cut off of 84? I'm going for mid session transfer to uts, b computing / b business.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
what was your UAI? depending on how far your UAI is from the cut off then you might need a credit to distinction average

MuffinMan

HSC
eh i didn't do the hsc in 06? Or do they count it in before?

edit: it says I just need a personal statement thingo.

would a d average get me though? I'm doing 75% it subs and 25% eco subs.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah than write a personal statement
its all on the uts website, so have a browse through that...D average should suffice in most transfers

MuffinMan

HSC
well my subs are at least related to what I'm transferring to. I just want two degrees. Like doing IT / Business, instead of doing IT majoring in ebusiness (which is shit). Does that count for anything?

Oh yeah I'm gonna start my personal statement soon. Umm yeah, it's only 45 bucks so it's ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)