Transfer Q's (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
whens the deadline for mid year transfer just out of curiousity...cbb looking up the uac website.
if its related you should get an exemption for it

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
jemsta said:
whens the deadline for mid year transfer just out of curiousity...cbb looking up the uac website.
if its related you should get an exemption for it
1st June 2007.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Hey, does anyone know the specifc enrolment dates for the following uni's (mid session transfer)

UNSW - Kensington , Macq, UTS - Broadway?

Last edited:

dragonsrock

The Sexy One
HSC
Im studying B Teaching/ B Arts at the University of Newcastle (primary school) and I'm really hating it. Im hoping to transfer to B Teaching/ B Health and Physical Education at the same uni for 2008.

Sorry to be a pain, but to transfer is it the same as what I did at the end of year 12? Do I apply through UAC to do this?

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
You dont have to apply through uac, just go and speak to the course coordinator of
B Teaching/ B Health and Physical Education. They will tell you what to do.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
1. yes personal statement is relatively important if you think that you might or might not have the marks to secure a position for IT. It is always helpful to maximise your chances of gaining entry, so if i were you i would complete a personal statement, just to make your application more competitive.

3. The personal statement must be typed in word and then submitted online. If i remember correctly, the due date is around end of november so you have heaps of time to prepare a personal statement.

korrupt samurai

Sneaker Addict
HSC
err yeah just a question.

True/False

is mid-year transfers 100% uai based even if you do have a years worth of tertiary studies?

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
I am applying for Bachelor of Pharmacy at the University of Sydney as a non-recent school leaver, with my tertiary academic records in consideration.
Does anyone know what the recent cut-offs have been for NRSL entry into B.Pharm course? I know that they want distinction average and would not take UAI into consideration after one year of study, but not sure if a mark slightly less than GPA of 6.0 woule be competitive or not. The instinct tells me that slightly lower GPA may suffice seeing GPA in the vicinity of 6.0 would often be enough to secure transfer into Law if UAI is above 96. I am sitting just at GPA of 6.0 with 1 HD, 2 D and 1 C after the first semester.
Also, when the UAC obtain our academic records from our current university to obtain tertiary entry rank, do we get informed of our particular entry ranking or do they forward our ranks to the university we are applying to without informing us what our tertiary entry rank is? (I am asking this to those who went through transfer process before). It would be nice to know what our rough chance is before the nail-biting day of reckoning in January.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
korrupt samurai said:

True/False

is mid-year transfers 100% uai based even if you do have a years worth of tertiary studies?
usually if you have a year's worth of tertiary study then i think its half UAI half tertiary study which would give you your nrsl index.

HSC
i had this great plan to do bachelor of arts at syd uni this year, and then just transfer to arts in media and communications for the next year. my uai was 88.90, media and com has a uai of 98 at syd :burn:

what would i need to get this? and is it even worth it?! looks like i'd need mammoth marks to get it, like huge. am i better of just doing media and com at another uni like uts where its like 92?

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
doesnt unsw offer a similar course where the UAI is way lower? Or maybe UTS?
I really doubt youll get it, even with a D average. Maybe, just maybe you might have a chance if you achieve a HD average for the year.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
korrupt samurai said:

True/False

USYD only takes into account your tertiary studies if you have done more than 48 credit points of study, ie if you have only done 42 credit points they will only look at your UAI or whatever.
UNSW says that they take into account the best of your UAI/GPA combined or your UAI alone.

This was from my enquiries into Architecture, which probably would be the same for most courses i would think.

loser101

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
i had this great plan to do bachelor of arts at syd uni this year, and then just transfer to arts in media and communications for the next year. my uai was 88.90, media and com has a uai of 98 at syd :burn:

what would i need to get this? and is it even worth it?! looks like i'd need mammoth marks to get it, like huge. am i better of just doing media and com at another uni like uts where its like 92?
yeah the NRSL index u would need a 6.0/7 mark. thats like 4HD's and 4 D's for the 1st year. not easy. if you drop in a Pass then its stuffed.

its much easier to get UAI of 98 than an equivalent NRSL index of the same mark (on the upper end of the scale anyway, as in high school there are a lot of deadbeats who pad up your UAI)

just go UTS media, then try transfer in 09, that way if u dont get a transfer at least your in a media degree already. much safer route.

Last edited:

KingPrezont

HSC
Hey, what the NRSL/GPA/WAM needed for B Business @ UTS?!

Atm, I'm currently studying B Business (Accounting) @ UWS with an UAI of 71.45 last year, and now I got a GPA of 5.5 (1hd, 4d, 1c, 2p), and I wonder if I can get an offer on the main round?

Thx.

loser101

HSC
yes your whole uni gpa in that degree.

generally 200 and 300 level sujects are harder, so when u have done 2 years at uni, a GPA of 5.5 in 2nd year is worth more than a GPA of 5.5 in first year

and similarly a GPA of 5.5 after 3 years is more highly regarded than a GPA of 5.5 after 1 year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)