Transfer to ANU (1 Viewer)

chartster

HSC
Hi ANU guys / girls...

I am currently studying at CSU doing InfTech and am quite enjoying it for the most part.

A few people have bagged out the reputation that CSU has, even though I am learning a fair bit and quite happy with things so far. Some of my friends have even gone to say I should transfer out of CSU and go to ANU (closer to home, but I chose CSU for flexibility as I already have a good IT job).

Do you think this is going too far? How much relevance would it make for my future employment prospects if I am doing OK at CSU and hence graduate with one of their degrees instead of ANU? Are people likely to think I am "second rate" if I don't go to a big uni close to me like ANU :confused:

Your help is appreciated!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Will you have to quit your job if you move? If not then its probably worth it.

Ultimately workplace experience > your degree.

The only real discriminator in that kind of degree is what is taught - so maybe do some more research and see whether if you go to the ANU you can study more advanced things and the like.

chartster

HSC
loquasagacious: thanks for your reply.

Yes I was tossing the idea of quitting work to go to the ANU, as it is pissing me off and I was contemplating moving on.

The real motivator was the reputation of ANU and some of the what-looks-like-cool subjects you can do.

That said, CSU does have some fancy stuff but I am one of those people who are worried that when I go to an interview in future, despite my work experience and certification, will look at my CSU degree and think I am a second rate student. Or that is what some of my mates would have me believe - but they're freakin fanboys of Macquarie and UNSW anyway :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)