Transfer to combined law at USYD (1 Viewer)

shimmer205

HSC
Hi, just looking for some advice -

My ATAR was 98.05. I'm keen to do Law/Arts (Media and Communications) at USYD, so I'm thinking I'll try to transfer after a year.

Just wondering whether it would be better to do a year of Arts at USYD, or a year of Law/Media and Communications (Journalism) at UTS? Is it any easier to transfer if you are already in the university? Because I'm thinking that if I started the similar degree at UTS, I may be able to have some subjects credited to my USYD degree.

Any help would be much appreciated!

rx34

HSC
It will be easier to do well in Arts subjects than law subjects. All you need is a distinction in first year arts which would be no problem (considering your ATAR is quite high). A high distinction (HD) average would be better to secure a spot.

On the other hand, first year law subjects like 'foundations of law' and 'torts' are not that difficult. So if you are a dedicated student, you will have no problem doing well in them.

The decision is up to you. I would personally do Arts at USYD because the Arts faculty is really distinguished there. Additionally, USYD is a bitch when it comes to credit transfers. They didn't recognise a few of my subjects. More importantly, you will not be lag behind in law if you start law in second year, because by fourth year, you will be at the same speed as your HSC 2010 coursemates.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Internal transfers tend to be easier than transferring across different universities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)