transfer to unsw law (1 Viewer)

mrdaviyang

HSC
hey, do you guys reckon its possible to transfer from UNSW commerce/arts with straight D's and a 2003 UAI of 97.25 into UNSW commerce/law?

thanks

mrdaviyang

HSC
is there actually a mathematical way of calculating it?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yeh if you get a distinction average in first year that translates to a 96, and so your nrsl index dealie would be 96.625. i think that should be enough for law, but the uni is pretty stingy about telling people what the actual cutoff is or something.

santaslayer

HSC
In short, you have a relatively good chance. (although I can't predict the new NRSL)

Formula is:

GPA+UAI/2= NRSL

Distinction is equavilent to a UAI of 96, so therefore,

96+97.25/2= 96.625

Bleeding obvious= A HD will put you in a better position.

A GPA of 6.5+ equals to 99.5, so therefore,

96+99.5/2= 97.75

NRSL cutoffs for Law are usually lower than the original UAI cutoff. :)

Lazarus might be able to locate the find7.pdf file? (the links been changed)

EDIT: did that girl in your avatar used to go to St George Girls? :confused:

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I was worried for a second that you made this thread santa and had sold out UWS ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
For your information, the NRSL cutoffs for UNSW Law in the past two years have been 95.80 (I think Lazarus himself got this information)

so yeah, as calculated by the people above, you have a good chance of making it, provided the cutoff stays around that mark (and hope not many people with 98 UAI's and D averages apply!)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
santaslayer said:
UoW neo_o, not UWS! :p
Blegh, I'm not good with the acronyms, Wollongong/Western Sydney w/e :p

Last edited:

sapna1988

HSC
mrdaviyang said:
hey, do you guys reckon its possible to transfer from UNSW commerce/arts with straight D's and a 2003 UAI of 97.25 into UNSW commerce/law?

thanks
I agree, you have done very well. My understanding is that you can't transfer to law after first year. It has to be straight after the hsc, after first year or postgraduate.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
sapna1988 said:
I agree, you have done very well. My understanding is that you can't transfer to law after first year. It has to be straight after the hsc, after first year or postgraduate.
why o why do you resurrect a 3 year old thread, made by a member who, incidentally, was asking for a friend (the member himself was already in UNSW law at that time).

moreover, if you are in UNSW law, a first year, aren't you supposed to be studying for torts?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Frigid said:
why o why do you resurrect a 3 year old thread, made by a member who, incidentally, was asking for a friend (the member himself was already in UNSW law at that time).

moreover, if you are in UNSW law, a first year, aren't you supposed to be studying for torts?
Who studies for torts? =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)