Transfer universities doing same degree or internal transfer with different degree? (1 Viewer)

kunafpls

HSC
Hi all,

I want to do Combined Commerce/Law at UNSW or USYD, however, I do not feel I am able to get an ATAR, especially because of the condition I am in right now. If I wanted to do Combined Comm/Law at UNSW/USYD and don't get the ATAR cut off, which of the below would be the pathway you recommend?

1. Go to UOW Comm/Law w/ early entry + scholarships, receive the (relatively) high marks and request to transfer to UNSW/USYD?

OR

2. Go to UNSW/USYD, take a course that I could do well (probably CompSci), get high marks in that, then transfer to Comm/Law?

Also - if I went to a non-top-tier university (not UNSW/USYD) for law, but I get a high WAM and got in with early entry and scholarships, would that still be viewed favourably enough for a top-tier law firm?

Sorry for crappy wording.

Thanks for your input,

- K

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: Transfer universities doing same degree or internal transfer with different degre

I'd internal program transfer, I myself got a transfer to law when I applied for the lolz

Also I'd strongly recommend you get into a top-tier law school to increase your chances of getting picked by a top-tier firm

kunafpls

HSC
Re: Transfer universities doing same degree or internal transfer with different degre

I'd internal program transfer, I myself got a transfer to law when I applied for the lolz

Also I'd strongly recommend you get into a top-tier law school to increase your chances of getting picked by a top-tier firm
Thank you for your insight.

My intention was to either:

a) Go to UoW for comm/law, go with a scholarship/early entry, and get high WAMs

or

b) Go to UoW for comm/law, go with scholarship/early entry, high WAMs, then transfer to UNSW/USYD

in the case I were to go to UoW

However, UNSW only has 100 spots for internal transfer, and I definitely want to do law - however, I'm not sure whether I'll be capable enough to get the WAM required to stand out above those other students also applying for law, yknow? So do you think an early entry + scholarship + high WAM would impress the law firms or nah?

Thanks,
- K

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A

Doing well in Computer Science to get into Comm/Law UNSW/USYD. Good luck with that.....

Do any 'easy' degree at an 'easy' uni. Go part time if you have to. That way you'll ensure you'll get in.

D94

HSC
N/A

Thank you for your insight.

My intention was to either:

a) Go to UoW for comm/law, go with a scholarship/early entry, and get high WAMs

or

b) Go to UoW for comm/law, go with scholarship/early entry, high WAMs, then transfer to UNSW/USYD

in the case I were to go to UoW

However, UNSW only has 100 spots for internal transfer, and I definitely want to do law - however, I'm not sure whether I'll be capable enough to get the WAM required to stand out above those other students also applying for law, yknow? So do you think an early entry + scholarship + high WAM would impress the law firms or nah?

Thanks,
- K
If you can't a 80 WAM for an internal transfer, you'd have no hope with an external transfer. What makes you think you'd do better externally?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)