Transfer USW--->Macquarie (1 Viewer)

way2hott4u

HSC
If I do combined b arts-psychology / b laws at UWS how likely is it that i can transfer into Macquarie's combined law course. And how long must i attend UWS before transfering?

TunaFish

HSC
If I do combined b arts-psychology / b laws at UWS how likely is it that i can transfer into Macquarie's combined law course. And how long must i attend UWS before transfering?
it will depend on your ATAR and GPA. UAC will take a combination of both into consideration.
i believe you can only transfer after a year at UWS.

Snooty

HSC
I transferred from Arts/Law @ UWS to Arts/Law @ Macquarie with a Credit average after 1 year of study at UWS. My UAI wasn't great either. Macquarie isn't as selective as USYD/UTS/UNSW so it shouldn't be too hard to transfer from UWS to Mac.

krv_90

HSC
I want to transfer from B Arts at USYD to Combined Law at Macquarie but am really unsure if I even have a chance to get in! I did part time in first sem and received a credit and a pass (for an advanced language) and in 2nd sem i got 3 credits and again a pass for an advanced language. my UAI was 86.5. ive read from a few forums that MCQ is not as "selective" as usyd/unsw/uts. any thoughts??

manavji

HSC
N/A
Yep.. dont think they are very selective... my scenario:

I did 1yr at UWS - B Commerce... did total of 7 units in the first yr... 4 in first sem (3 pass 1 distinction) and then 3 in second semester (2 credits and 1 pass)... applied for maquarie transfer and got in!... my gpa at UWS was 4.6.. wasnt expecting to get in with that kind of GPA but very happy!

However, all the pass grades i achieved (4 of them)... all my marks were between 60-64.. so i missed out on 4 credits pretty much... may be thats why they allowed me to transfer.

anyways, goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)