Transfer??? (1 Viewer)

~DuMbEr~

I want to eventually do commerce/law at mq but only got 93.7 so i obviously have missed the cut-off..i was thinking of still doing commerce or economics at mq and transferring..the trouble is i suck hard at maths..with maths being a prereq at mq and my pathetic general maths knowldge, being the only maths ive done, i doubt i would be able to get good enough marks in either of these courses to transfer to combined law. Do you think i would be able to hack the maths..if i did a bridging course and worked reasonably hard?..or would i be better off doing economics/law at uws and transferring later on? I ultimately want a law degree..so what would the best way to go about it? thanks heaps..

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
do economics/law!! it sounds da same as commerce/law n e way

hahah dont ask me..... urrm i spoke to some people that did economics and dey sed da maths is easy in economics... and i did eco for hsc and did general maths and i found economics easier than maths hahaha

lol i'll let someone more knowledgeable answer dis :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Mathematics isn't a problem. If you managed to do a Bridging Course, you'd be up to scratch, I'd say.

I don't think I used much mathematics in economics - except simple simple algebra, or any in accounting besides adding and subtracting.

~DuMbEr~

ok thanks heaps..ive just resolved not to go to uws to for law/eco, after reading a thread that law grads from uws usually take up managerial positions rather than practising as lawyers or solicitors..so i think i'll go for commerce or economics and transfer to combined law..how soon can i transfer?..after 1 semester, or is it a whole yr!?? Does any one know what kind of career prospects law grads from mq have at all either?

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Macq doesn't have Econ/Law anymore. You can however transfer to Commerce (Economics)/Law though, if successful.

You are taking the route a lot of other students are taking (you'll need to get pretty good marks). You can transfer after a year.

Career prospects are similar to other major law schools.

Large/Medium/Boutique/Small law firms, The Bar, Management Consulting, Investment banking, Government positions, etc.

qkrtjdxo

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
Hey people whats the employment rate for Macq Uni Law?
According to Good Uni Guide 2004: 8% of Macquarie Law Graduates are seeking work.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by qkrtjdxo
According to Good Uni Guide 2004: 8% of Macquarie Law Graduates are seeking work.
Just make sure you're the 92% then. And that's probable, isn't it. More than, even.

HSC
92% dats heeeeeeeeepz :D
hopefully i'll be in it tho...

uhh yeah if u do commerce the maths i heard isnt dat hard;)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it's not even Maths... and Pure Maths is very different; something I'll be doing very soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)